Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crickets in the NorCal forum so I'm just going to shout out that Diablo is gorgeous right now thanks to the rain (although there may be a little dirt on the road in spots).

A lot of green, and running streams/waterfalls.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
The bottom of south gate just pass the school was horrid a couple weeks ago. Very muddy with runoff and sketchy surface... the rest was fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I bet! I usually do NG route, that's where these pics come from.
Have not done NG since the time trial stuff.. my my gripe is the road conditions even on dry days it's bumpy. Fixed? Not much and issue going up.. but down

·
Will rep for beer
619 Posts
Went out Sat and Sun. Good stuff out there, then I like riding in those conditions.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Oh man, I'd really like to get up there (from Sunnyvale) before the weather turns hot. I'm way out of shape because health issues knocked me off my bike from mid Sept to mid December, and since then rain and life have conspired to keep my riding to a minimum. If the rain ever stops I'd love to train up for a circuit of Diablo in April or May.

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guessing it's been pretty cold up there the last few days... wonder if the top is open, the close it sometimes when this happens.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Well it hailed.. down @ 500ft so the dusting is not surprising. Expect to stopped at the junction when the white stuff comes

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
very nice... enjoy the green while it last.

I'm afraid to climb this time of year.. already had my EIA kick in really bad, time for a TUE:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts