Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had some Prince's Hot Chicken. It takes years off my life, but it's worth it.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
They're gonna burn you at the steak for your title, especially if ttug has the ban removed.

·
Super Moderator
40,837 Posts
Is it just me, or does that chicken look like genitalia?

(I mean that in a good way.)

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
Henry Porter said:
They're gonna burn you at the steak for your title, especially if ttug has the ban removed.
wha? is it, um, "borrowed"? :confused:

oh, and i totally thought this thread was going to be about something else....and then it was....and i was sorry :wink:

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mickey-mac said:
I'll eat just about anything but that doesn't look so good.
All depends what you mean by good. It's basically very good fried chicken with enough red pepper to blow the top of your head off. May just be a local thing but every once in a while I have got to have some.

And xxl, you definitely do not want to be licking someone's, well you know, after you've had this. They will not thank you for it.

·
Super Moderator
40,837 Posts
Fredke said:
All depends what you mean by good. It's basically very good fried chicken with enough red pepper to blow the top of your head off. May just be a local thing but every once in a while I have got to have some.

And xxl, you definitely do not want to be licking someone's, well you know, after you've had this. They will not thank you for it.
Lick it? Heck, that looks so good I wanna hump it!

And I'm a vegetarian.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jorbenweb said:
Nice. I used to enjoy Prince's as well. Tomorrow you should head over to Rotier's and have a grilled cheeseburger.
Rotiers is good, but if I'm having burgers, I'm more of a Fat Mo's fan.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've got a thing for Rotier's. My Dad used to take me there whenever we passed through town. Then I went to school there and made all kinds of memories of my own. You ever go to that breakfast place, Loveless, out west of town? That was another of my favorite college haunts. In retrospect, I ate like a king the entire time I lived in Nashville. Good times.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jorbenweb said:
You ever go to that breakfast place, Loveless, out west of town? That was another of my favorite college haunts.
Loveless is teh bomb. It's also at a real central point for cycling in the area at the junction of Rt. 100, McCrory Rd., and the Natchez Trace parkway.

Loveless is not just for breakfast (although their biscuits and jam are to die for). They also make killer fried chicken.

Other good spots for anyone passing through town and worried their cholesterol might not be high enough are Swett's barbecue and soul food and Jack's Barbeque down on Broadway, I also used to love the Sportsman's barbecue sandwich on fried cornbread, but I've had to give it up in the interest of maintaining something resembling a reasonable cycling weight :D

You're right about N'ville being a seriously good place for food.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've gone to Swett's a few times but I like Sylvan Park better for meat and vegetables. They had good fried chicken as well. I recall it was right by a little vegetable market. I spent a lot of time at Boundary when it first opened, as well as Margot, which opened my senior year. We were eating there two, three nights a week. Tin Angel, Provence, Sportsman's, Green Hills Grill, Siam, (I think that's it - Thai place on Whitebridge Rd) were also big hits with us. I had some great times at Jimmy Kelly's as well, but when I went last I thought it had gone downhill.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I'll go miles out of my way to eat at Loveless.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jorbenweb said:
I've gone to Swett's a few times but I like Sylvan Park better for meat and vegetables. They had good fried chicken as well. I recall it was right by a little vegetable market. I spent a lot of time at Boundary when it first opened, as well as Margot, which opened my senior year. We were eating there two, three nights a week. Tin Angel, Provence, Sportsman's, Green Hills Grill, Siam, (I think that's it - Thai place on Whitebridge Rd) were also big hits with us. I had some great times at Jimmy Kelly's as well, but when I went last I thought it had gone downhill.
I live about a mile from Sylvan Park.

Boundary is too "Sex and the City" for me. A new place, Ombi, opened a couple years back on Elliston and has the best bartender in town---really into rye whiskey and makes his own bitters and marascino cherries (no dayglo ping pong balls there). The South Street dive bar was much better than Boundry. Thai place on White Bridge is still there, but it's changed its name to "Thai Orchid" and it's one of my favorites. The Turkish place on the other side of White Bridge, Anatolia, is great as well. Tin Angel, Provence are excellent picks, but I've never been really fond of Jimmy Kelly's.

Other excellent places around town are Yellow Porch, Tayst, Cafe Nonna, Park Cafe, Mambu, Kalamata's, Woodland Cafe (vegetarian Indian), Sitar (carnivorous Indian), Zola, and the fish tacos at Baja Burrito on Thompson Lane.

Institutions we sorely miss are Atlantis and the Wild Boar.

·
Registered
529 Posts
jd3, I know!I Loveless sets the standard for breakfast. I used to order two eggs over easy and country ham every time. And those biscuits! I could never decide which preserves I liked best, peach or strawberry.

(and the thought of those peach preserves has just made me add peach season to my google calendar. By God, this season I'm making peach preserves!)

I'm sad to hear Wild Boar is no more, Fredke. They had great food and wine but the atmosphere was a bit over the top. Jimmy Kelly's also suffers from an excess of atmosphere of a different kind. South Street was good - I recall tasty cajun breakfast fare. I've spent hours in every one of those little places around the campus border. I didn't like Boundry all that much either, but my girl lived in the apartment building next door, and it was open late. I'd often stop in at the bar after midnight for a quiet drink. I also really liked a place in Green Hills called Fitzgerald's, but mostly because they would serve a full dinner menu in the bar where there was good jazz on weeknights.

It's nice to remember Nashville. I enjoyed living there and visit as often as I can. :)

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Henry Porter said:
Ttug was banned? Any idea as to why?

//Too much love for meat??

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
uzziefly said:
Ttug was banned? Any idea as to why?
It was a little time out for a PO thing. The time has passed and it's all water under the bridge now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts