Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two bikes that get regular use and I know plenty of you have more. Do you get fitted on all of them or can you transfer fit measurements (at least as far as drivetrain goes) from one to many?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
as far as drivetrain goes??? what does that have to do w/ it? fit is fit, just transfer the measurements... unless you want to really support your fitter

·
Team Tom's
1,880 Posts
Top of saddle to center of crank is what I do... I take that measurement and move it between my 4 bikes. It's worked great so far.

·
Roll Model
384 Posts
Wow, a little testy around here today!
I just keep a copy of my fit by my tools and transfer the measurements to new bikes, it has worked for almost everything. If something isn't right you should be able to feel it and go from there.

Have fun!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well if you have a TT/Tri bike I can understand getting a different fitting simply because it is a different position. But generally one fitting will work between all bikes.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
I got fitted for my main road bike a while ago. Its fit has drifted since then. I do all my bikes by feel at this point.

I might do another pro fit if I bought a whole new bike, and I'd certainly do one if I was ordering a custom. But I think once you know what correct feels like, it's not too hard to do it again. Aside from my main road bike, all my other fits are somewhat compromised for off-road handling anyway, and that's not something that can be worked out on a trainer IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts