Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I avoid multi-use paths with my road bike, as dodging goose poop and young lovers on roller blades ain't really my bag. Today the weather was so nice and I wanted to explore some new areas, so I almost didn't notice these things, as well as the various curb jumps and glass bits and other crunchies that litter the MUP. Actually, I didn't notice them at all until crashing while making a turn onto a spur path. I also had no idea my front tire was mostly deflated until I was crawling off the ground, although I had been rolling across various detritus for almost 50 miles, Bloody elbow, bruised hip, etc etc

So MUP 1, JohnHemlock Nil. I won't be seeking a rematch.

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
When MUPS Attack!!!!

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Don't blame it on the MUT, I had exactly the same thing happen to me out on the street. Tried to make a right turn and discovered (as I tried to regain control) that my front tire was down to virtually nothing. I didn't crash, but avoiding that caused all kinds of heart rate problems, squirting adrenal glands, bad words, unclipping and using legs as outriggers and praying.

I learned my lesson, I stare at my front tire 100% of the time now. The hell with the scenery.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bike (Merckx steel) survived nicely! My dignity took the only serious blow. And I was encouraged by the two or three riders that asked me if I had everything I needed while I was installing a new tube. Restores my faith in humanity.

I think this was probably precipitated by a random thought about twenty minutes prior, that random thought being, "Man, I haven't flatted in a long, long time!"

·
Misfit Toy
23,428 Posts
JohnHemlock said:
I think this was probably precipitated by a random thought about twenty minutes prior, that random thought being, "Man, I haven't flatted in a long, long time!"
Well there you have it, you jinxed yourself. :cool:

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
JohnHemlock said:
never fails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts