Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who enjoy quirky music (idm)... Boards of Canada just released their first music video for their song "Dayvan Cowboy." Nice Friday distraction... includes footage of Joe Kittinger's epic jump from 102,800 feet and some awesome surf footage that the surf heads will probably recognize (hint, some of it was flipped for continuity.)

yeah, I haven't posted over here in ages but it's Friday..

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
asterisk said:
For those who enjoy quirky music (idm)... Boards of Canada just released their first music video for their song "Dayvan Cowboy." Nice Friday distraction... includes footage of Joe Kittinger's epic jump from 102,800 feet and some awesome surf footage that the surf heads will probably recognize (hint, some of it was flipped for continuity.)

yeah, I haven't posted over here in ages but it's Friday..
cool freakin video....love the surf footage at the end as well (is that Svend?). Love BOC. Hey ATP if you'ds reading this...now this is intelligent knob twiddlin music. :cool:

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
oh. my. GOD!!

that has got to be the coolest thing I've seen / heard in ages!

thank you asterisk, you are my new best friend.

// thread hijack: btw I am working on learning how to skid / hop the back tyre to slow quickly whilst riding the fixte in heavy traffic; got some impromptu on-the-go training this morning, in fact. almost messed myself but I didn't hit the dumb driver and didn't turn out as road pizza, so it's all good.

(and yes I run a brake... sometimes you just can't react fast enough tho)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Thanks. That was GREAT. Cool song, great video.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts

·
Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BoC's Music Has The Right To Children and Geogaddi (along with AphexTwin's stuff) was one of the best things to happen when I was the electronic music director at my campus radio station... something had to come along and pull electronic music out of the post '99 slump that anthem trance had gotten it into.

I think it's cool they finally decided to try and match some imagery to their songs. Seems like a tall order to try and appease fans that typically like to just put on headphones and stare off into space.

lonefrontranger said:
// thread hijack: btw I am working on learning how to skid / hop the back tyre to slow quickly whilst riding the fixte in heavy traffic; got some impromptu on-the-go training this morning, in fact.
You are single handedly going to be responsible for the accidental deaths of most of the male hipster fixie riding population there after they crash trying to replicate your fixed riding prowess. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts