1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
By "musicians" I assume you meant "guitarists." Big difference. ;)

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paint said:
By "musicians" I assume you meant "guitarists." Big difference. ;)
well even if you don't play guitar you might have experience with computer-aided recording stuff.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
well even if you don't play guitar you might have experience with computer-aided recording stuff.
Dude, if you laid off the marijuana, maybe you wouldn't keep forgeting those AWESOME riffs.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
filtersweep said:
Dude, if you laid off the marijuana, maybe you wouldn't keep forgeting those AWESOME riffs.
I don't know any awesome riffs at present save Iron Man so maybe I need to smoke more? :confused:

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
...but probably no experience with guitarports. :p

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Buy one of the digital echplex's

as it is a delay (echo) but you can alos record loops (sound on sound) and save them. You can play over them,add more parts. way more fun than a software package.
oh and a tape deck works well just for preventing you from forgetting.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
atpjunkie said:
as it is a delay (echo) but you can alos record loops (sound on sound) and save them. You can play over them,add more parts. way more fun than a software package.
oh and a tape deck works well just for preventing you from forgetting.
Looks good, but the ones I see online are like $750-$1000! :eek:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
paint said:
...but probably no experience with guitarports. :p
So what kind of musician are you, smarty pants? :D

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Q; what do you call a girl who likes to hang

with musicians

A: a groupie

Q:well what do you call a guy?

A: A drummer

Q: what has 3 legs and an A$$hole on top

A: A drum throne

Q; what do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?

A:Homeless

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
So what kind of musician are you, smarty pants? :D
Vocals are number one, but I play piano, all the saxes, flute, a little bit of trumpet, and casual guitar. ;)

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Keyboard players

are the band geeks. check any semi successful band and 9 times out of 10 the guy doing the books is the keyboard player. They hate the guitarists cause they get the chicks while the keyboard player (who is usually the best 'musician' as far as reading music and all) gets little play because they are hidden behind their gear. So they invent silly strapped on keyboards to help but it rarely does.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,401 Posts
"Q; what do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?

A:Homeless"

No, No, No. It's a drummer without a girlfriend.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
atpjunkie said:
are the band geeks. check any semi successful band and 9 times out of 10 the guy doing the books is the keyboard player. They hate the guitarists cause they get the chicks while the keyboard player (who is usually the best 'musician' as far as reading music and all) gets little play because they are hidden behind their gear. So they invent silly strapped on keyboards to help but it rarely does.
Yup...The Cars? Geeky keyboardist. The Dead? Well they had Pigpen, but mostly a string of geeks after that. Boston? check. Thin Lizzy? Check...

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Seems like it might be a neat little device to practice and record your stuff. Thoughts? Anyone have one?

http://line6.com/rifftracker/
To un-hijack:

You are aware you need the Guitar Port dealy as well as the software, right? What's the total cost on that?

My thought--which is worth about what you're paying for it--is that if you feel you must record onto a computer, you'd be better off with a microphone, a USB breakout box for your computer so you can plug in the mic, or go direct with the guitar, and whatever rudimentary recording software comes with the breakout box (they all come with something).

I've always thought the guitar port was a little too, um, guitar-y--not versatile enough (I am also, apparently, one of the few people in the world who thinks Line 6's amp models are for sh*t, mostly). But then again, I come from the school of recording practices on a boom box on cassette tapes. Works fine for me, if you can figure out how to position the boombox to get a decent recording.

I do have a multi-track recording setup on my computer, much as I described above, but I rarely mess with it.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
agree

never liked Line 6 either. not a big fan of digital at all in regards to guitar. as soon as you squeeze all that good tube plate voltage from 120 to 12 you lose something.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Yup...The Cars? Geeky keyboardist. The Dead? Well they had Pigpen, but mostly a string of geeks after that. Boston? check. Thin Lizzy? Check...
I'd wager that the best musician in the Cars was Elliot Easton, their guitar player. Though Greg Hawkes definitely looked like he was STILL getting his lunch money taken away by bigger kids.

Boston?!? Keyboards? Tom Scholz is an uber-geek for sure, but he's a guitar player.

Thin Lizzy?!? Keyboards? Geeks? I'm lost here, man.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bikeboy389 said:
I'd wager that the best musician in the Cars was Elliot Easton, their guitar player. Though Greg Hawkes definitely looked like he was STILL getting his lunch money taken away by bigger kids.

Boston?!? Keyboards? Tom Scholz is an uber-geek for sure, but he's a guitar player.

Thin Lizzy?!? Keyboards? Geeks? I'm lost here, man.

I'm not sure where you're going with this.
Heck I'm not sure either...typing out loud I guess....

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
atpjunkie said:
LOL, this is SO true.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
atpjunkie said:
with musicians

A: a groupie

Q:well what do you call a guy?

A: A drummer

Q: what has 3 legs and an A$$hole on top

A: A drum throne

We always used to say that we had three musicians and a drummer.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts