Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gyseyers, Pine Flat, Skaggs Spring Road, King Ridge, Sweet Water, Trinity Cavedale, Coleman Valley. :aureola: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Some of my favorites:

Longer rides:
Mt. Hamilton
Old La Honda - Tunitas
?? - West Ridgecrest - Bolinas/Fairfax - Hwy1 - Muir Woods Rd

Shorter Rides:
Calaveras-Sierra
Conzelman-McCullough

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
I just returned to Milwaukee from Geyserville.

Day 1 = 63 miles on most of the 1/2 Vineman route (Fairly flat, except Chalk Hill Rd)
Day 2 = 101 mile Skaggs Spring Loop (Search Map My Ride for Geyserville) (Epic ride!!!)
Day 3 = 48 mile Geyser Peak Loop ( Just to cause Skaggs was not enough B-) )

Having lived in Salinas for 13 years (before cycling) I want to do the route of the Sea Otter Classic Century. I have driven Laureles Grade many times but have never riden it. The remainder of Carmel Valley looks to be challenging as well.

I did a short ride from Monterey through Pebble Beach and back. It was a beautiful 30 miles. If you wanted it longer you could continue down to Big Sur.

I second the ride around Lake Tahoe. That would be great fun.

·
3,494 Posts
There are so many "must do" rides in Northern California. A few from my list (though I've not done all of them):
  • San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge and Mt Tam
  • Bay Area to the ocean and back, many variations possible
  • Loop around Lake Tahoe
  • Mt Hamilton Challenge loop
  • Mt Diablo
  • Highway 4 over Pacific Grade and Ebbett's Pass
  • Highway 108 over Sonora Pass
  • Highway 120 over Tioga Pass
  • Mt Whitney Portal Road (and numerous other eastern Sierra back roads)
  • Climb to Kaiser
  • Mt Shasta century ride

I imagine that there are even rides out there that don't involve climbing!

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
i just did one of my "to do rides" this last weekend - santa rosa to SF (about 62 miles). for some reason i had always heard it was longer, until i actually did it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love Northern California rides, DR, Tam-Dam Loop, Old LaHonda Pescadero Tunitas, they are all fantastic. But you haven't lived until you have dragged your bike to France and done Alpe d'Huez, Galibier, Col de Fer - commit to doing it before you die or before you get too old!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.