Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Officially they are now calling the Swine flu by it's viral type name H1N1
....sorry I guess it wasn't that funny after all

·
Darling of The Lounge
4,799 Posts
H1N1 is the politcally correct term for this strain of the flu. It was reported that the name "Swine Flu" was offensive to the Jewish community. As a result, they coined the "Mexican Flu". Of course, that got the Mexicans angry, thus the scientific name is now being batted around.

·
haole from the mainland
5,962 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
H1N1 is the politcally correct term for this strain of the flu. It was reported that the name "Swine Flu" was offensive to the Jewish community. As a result, they coined the "Mexican Flu". Of course, that got the Mexicans angry, thus the scientific name is now being batted around.
I heard that on the radio. I think it is totally stupid for Jews (or Muslims) to get upset at calling it swine flu. It jumped from pigs to humans! Deal with it.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
would the lounge be willing to call it bacon flu?

i think not.

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
It's a little more complicated than that: producers of ham also wanted to distance this
outbreak to their fine and tasty product, other tasty products such as bacan and the
like. Mouth watering morsels and delights to stun the palate and make the....where
was I again? Right. People like the producers of such fine delights that make one
swoon were offended and didn't want any correlation....

·
...?
1,481 Posts
Oh good. I'm eating a ham sammich, and I was scared I might die. But since I'ts not called swine flu anymore... nom nom.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
randi_526 said:
Oh good. I'm eating a ham sammich, and I was scared I might die. But since I'ts not called swine flu anymore... nom nom.
yeah, i only had a wham sammich. i'm pretty certain i'm safe from the flu, but the soy may make me grow ovaries and start berthin babies....so i'll have that to watch out for

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
ampastoral said:
yeah, i only had a wham sammich. i'm pretty certain i'm safe from the flu, but the soy may make me grow ovaries and start berthin babies....so i'll have that to watch out for
Swine flu would be more bearable. It's not to late to opt for the ham.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
jorgy said:
I heard that on the radio. I think it is totally stupid for Jews (or Muslims) to get upset at calling it swine flu. It jumped from pigs to humans! Deal with it.

I thought this was just Internet BS but now I just hope that anyone offended by the virus being called "swine flu" actually contracts a bad case of it just for being an effing pansy. Same goes for anyone who is afraid of eating pork because of this.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ampastoral said:
not to mention the PMS

I never thought about the "swine" implications to the Middle eastern religions......OMG this is TERRIBLE..........it's make you sick AND it ain't Kosher!

·
Ethical Nihilist
1,068 Posts
To show my complete disregard for nomenclature, I went out and ate some Thai fried rice with PORK for lunch yesterday. So far, I feel fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.