Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an MX Leader that needs to have the driveside chainstay repaired (or replaced). Can anyone offer some advice on a great framebuilder in NorCal who can handle the job? I know there are a number of framebuilders in the area but needed some advice on who is the right one for the job. If the chainstay needs to be replaced I will need to have it painted. It's currently sporting the Telecom Livery from the mid 90s which is cool, but new paint, if necessary will be Molteni orange. I'm trying to do the dream build so I'm reaching out to the experts.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If you want to keep it authentic, send it to Merckx. It'll be expensive and take close to a year, but since you have a collectible frame, it might be the right way to go. I got a quote for my Team SC which was $600-$700 and would take 6 months. I passed as the bike didn't fit quite perfectly and it has had the snot ridden out of it, not to mention the Team isn't that collectible. It's probably more expensive now that the Euro has gone up and shipping is probably $100 each way. But that is the right way to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.