Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while but my 09 ORCA is finally complete and I ask my friend to help me take some pics. Sorry if the pics are not organised not used to Flikr yet. Also my Alma pics will be out soon too.
Still deciding which to use as everyday wheels Shamal Ti or Reynolds Assault.
Jim:D

Oh I did go back to using Record crank instead of the Azzure ones.

· Batteries not required
1,118 Posts
Your color matching is unparalleled!

You may have a little trouble stopping though :wink5:

It looks great. :thumbsup:

· Registered
152 Posts
Very nice build. I have last year's in white. I saw the ad for the blue and wasn't convinced, but your's looks very, very nice. Enjoy it, it's going to turn a lot of heads.

· Banned
270 Posts
This is up for 4 days and 3 comments . But put an american idol or politic thread up and it never dies .. Are there any forums that actually deal w/ road bikes??

Nice build . Did u pick the stella stuff cause you like it or it matchs ? You don't see much of it . I wanted a set of there wheels but couldn't find um ..

If your bike don't look as good as it rides , u were cheated !!!!!!!

Bet the ride is as good as the look ...

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments, I got the Stella Azzurra parts because someone on this forum mentioned that it would match. Did some research and found the parts, took a while to get them into Taiwan. I still have the Stella crank set but since I already have the Record cranks decided to keep with Campy. The bike rides really nice, love it. :)

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PinarelloFan said:
This is up for 4 days and 3 comments . But put an american idol or politic thread up and it never dies .. Are there any forums that actually deal w/ road bikes??

Nice build . Did u pick the stella stuff cause you like it or it matchs ? You don't see much of it . I wanted a set of there wheels but couldn't find um ..

If your bike don't look as good as it rides , u were cheated !!!!!!!

Bet the ride is as good as the look ...

I was wondering how you like your pergotti Duende. I have been looking to get one too.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am a 52 (51 Orbea) and really have yet to see to many reviews on the ride of the '09 Orca; especially in a smaller frame size.

I had an S-Works E5 FACTpromo bike and loved the feel of it; I have been looking at the '09 Orca and a Roubaix S-Works. Did you look into any other bikes?
Yes before 09 ORCA I had an 07/08 Orca and before that, I was riding on a 08 Trek Madone 5.2 but I thought that frame was a little to soft for me.

· Registered
30 Posts
How did you solve the problem with rear cassette?

JIm,

Lovely pictures! I have an 09 Orca in black and have the same issues you mentioned in an earlier thread with the rear cassette touching the tubes. 13 tooth (I like 13-29) does not work at all. Campy 12 tooth on a Ksyrium SL works fine, but will not run on a Bontrager X-Lite - even 11 is very close.

I'd be interested to hear how you worked this out.

Thanks,

Gaz

· Registered
148 Posts
I hate to be critical, this build is really nice but two things:

1- If this is your only bike I am not sure if you will contempt with the wheelset, if you have other wheels then no problems.

2- The aero handlebar is gross, sorry to be so blunt but those airfoil handlebars have already gone, they are not very comfy, don't do well with cork wrap and most of all, give you a crooked cockpit feeling with that awkward polar antenna in the front. Do yourself some justice and at least put that baby on the stem... These handlebars look good on a few bikes, not on this one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.