Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My favorite thing on Road Bike Review are the photo posts about peoples rides, commutes, tours, and cyclist gatherings. Since I like them so much I wanted my 1000th post to be a Photo ride report. I've not been posting to hold my count at a 999, then without thinking about it, I reply to somebody and blow through the magic number. I'm still thinking that's OK, post your ride as 1001, it will still be "special". Bigger problem...:eek: ....I've not ridden a bike anywhere since November, but it's getting warmer everyday, springs coming, If I just hold off posting until I can get a decent ride to someplace worthy of a photograph......well that was almost a month ago and I'm giving up and posting my daily ride. It's not special, it's not scenic, it's not long......heck it's not even outdoors :D at least now I can get back to posting

Here's the complete kit waiting for the bleary eyed guy that just got roused by the alram clock

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All Done

I enjoyed my ride through "Lost".

I wonder why Kate wanted that little toy airplane so bad?

Kit goes back in it's drying spot to wait for tomorrow.

I'm off to the shower. (I wish I would stop sweating before I'm finished showering)

Spring will return soon....see you out there

Scot

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Love the headwinds!

Scot_Gore said:
BTW just so you know, you can go into any of your old posts and delete them to change your post count (moderators can do it too (I have been very tempted to go into someones history and change the post count just to mess up their 10,000th post or whatever) but I have (so far) successfully resisted the temptation).

BTW2 Great, GREAT post. Made me LOL.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
You have a nice setup. When I was stationed in Virginia and Washington State, I had to do a little trainer time in the winter. I used a barstool to hold the remote, water bottle, a towel draped over the back, and the cordless phone. It would also hold a portable cd player that had a set of computer speakers plugged into it creating my own personal sound system if I didn't watch tv or was on the computrainer. I had a friend that didn't use a fan, I don't know how he survived.

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Nice ride report from the cold country.

If you miss it you miss it. 1001 is just another post. 1000 is probably the most important post you will ever make on the board. You missed it, kind of like shifting the wrong way right before the sprint.:D

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Cool report. I had actually thought of doing a trainer report also but never got around to it. Good call on the post. As for sweating in the shower - cold showers stop the sweating really quick. You've just got to get past the unintentional screaming that erupts when that cold stream hits you!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I like how you keep the saddle bag on during roller sessions to add to the realism.

My rollers are getting dusty in the garage. There's so much kid stuff in the basement these days it's easier to just go out and ride in the cold, wind, and rain! I suppose I could ride them in the garage. Then I could have my wife get in her car on her cell phone and periodically pull forward a few feet to "cut me off"... indoor virtual commute training.

·
Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Great Report...

The scenic vistas didn't make the upload though...

·
Master Bike Mechanic
409 Posts
Just wondering, what kind of models do you build?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Durandal said:
Just wondering, what kind of models do you build?
Historical Miniature Wargaming Models. Good eye to recognize the tools of the trade.
Scot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts