Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cycle Boy
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a couple of pics in a thread earlier, but stopped after I realized I was "jacking" it (sorry thread owner). SO here are updated ones - with the new MKS, leather-lined toe clips installed. I also added some new Panaracer Paselas and new rim tape as the old Specialized ones were cracking. I've finally completed my project one week in and I think I'm hooked! :thumbsup: On to another mini-restoration project :)

I'd upload more but the file sizes are too big. IF you want to see more pics, I have an album on www.thecycleboy.com. Enjoy!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Black, this guy made sense in he said when you have a black frame, it's easy to cover up nicks which of course are virtually unavoidable with bikes. That said, I'll take greens and blues and what have you.

Still, I think that is probably the greatest restoration ever in these forums.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Are those the half toe clip things? Or are you just missing straps? If the former, I don't know why one would choose them or full clips

Nice overall bike though.

And remind me why the frame seems to be a bit big for you? Gift? Was a family member's bike?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
nayr497 said:
Are those the half toe clip things? Or are you just missing straps? If the former, I don't know why one would choose them or full clips

Nice overall bike though.

And remind me why the frame seems to be a bit big for you? Gift? Was a family member's bike?

those are clearly half-clips from the first pic... people usually picked those over full toe clips w/ straps when they didn't ride with full race cycling shoes (back then, full leather lace-ups w/ nail-on no-float fixed cleat). it's not a big deal...

·
Cycle Boy
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the compliments :) The frame fits fine actually. I ride a Cervelo as well and the frame size on that one is a 49. For cruising and trekking around the hood, the 52 frame size is perfect. I went on a sunset cruise on Venice the boardwalk yesterday and it was awesome. Ran so smooth. I'm actually pretty happy I got the half-toe-clips though...it's just so much better and easier to slip my foot in and out.

I'm currently looking into getting a more modern Fuji Feather and decking it out.....like a nice baby blue color, then chrome the fork, change the bars, do matching bar tape and brooks saddle, then orange style wheel walls. Kinda like this setup (its Italian and just SO bloody expensive) but MUCH cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rode one of these Centurion Super Elites across country in 79', Portland Or. to New York City 34 days. Full panniers of course. Got stolen outside a pizza parlor in Cotati Ca. sadly..Sorry just brought back OG memories, new guy here.

·
Huge in Japan
437 Posts
Rode one of these Centurion Super Elites across country in 79', Portland Or. to New York City 34 days.
I'm kind of buzzed (aka not too ambitious) right now but can someone do the math on how many times this could have been done between August 14th, 2010 and May 1st, 2018?

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts