Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been off-net for a while, but finally reconnected. Here's my new bike, made in the same Padova, IT factory as Fondriest and a few other Italian bikes I believe. Anyway, it's made with (ironically) US-made Easton Al tubes & Italian carbon fiber, with a full Campy Centaur 2x10 group & Mavic Open Pro rims. I haven't weighed it yet, but suffice to say it is way lighter than any of my MTBs.

Jim
The newest roadie convert

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MC Bikes in Vittoria-Veneto...

between Conegliano & Cortina in northern Italy. The one-man shop owner/operator, Michalangelo, personally took my measurements, verified the build spec, and delivered the bike a month later. It cost 1430 Euro...about US $1860 in Jan.

Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fully custom

He took the measurements, entered the data on his PC, printed it out with options of a traditional or sloping top tube, then had me mount a few different bikes in his shop to verify the mesurements/fit. He then ordered the frame--even sent it back once for a problem with the decals/finish--I got the finished bike about 2 weeks ago.

Sure feels like a fully custom bike.

Jim

·
Registered
116 Posts
Aviano?

Do you live over here? I'm looking to get a custom bike made. I've been thinking of a Spezzotto or going down to get a Pinarello. I kick myself in the butt for not buying one a couple years ago when the $ was worth something against the Euro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts