Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, mail came today w/ my 6th pair of desoto bibs- now that it's the end of season, I managed to score this pair for $87 (shipped, rounded up to the nearest dollar). Life is good- too bad I can't justify purchasing anymore with the number I already have.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gearandtraining.com, but I think they changed their coupon code so you won't get 20% or 25% off right now, unless there's another code I don't know about.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just picked up my second pair. I agree with OP, they are one of the most comfortable bibs I have ever worn.

BTW, coupon code wintergear still works!

·
Registered
152 Posts
+1

I've retired all other biking shorts/bib after switching to Desoto 400 mile bibs/shorts. I can't imagine paying a ridiculous amount for Assos or others when there is something like this available.

In addition to being the most comfortable I've ever worn, they have small pockets on the legs and one on the back. Very convenient for keys, garage door opening, gels, phone, etc.

Plus, they're made in America.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gearhead65 said:
+1

I've retired all other biking shorts/bib after switching to Desoto 400 mile bibs/shorts. I can't imagine paying a ridiculous amount for Assos or others when there is something like this available.

In addition to being the most comfortable I've ever worn, they have small pockets on the legs and one on the back. Very convenient for keys, garage door opening, gels, phone, etc.

Plus, they're made in America.
And, if you read the tags, they seem to have an "assos-like" policy, declaring you a customer for life, which leads me to believe they'll attempt to repair things even after the 90 day guarantee or work with you on it.

Difference is you wouldn't have to send them to Switzerland for that service.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mdeth1313 said:
And, if you read the tags, they seem to have an "assos-like" policy, declaring you a customer for life, which leads me to believe they'll attempt to repair things even after the 90 day guarantee or work with you on it.

Difference is you wouldn't have to send them to Switzerland for that service.

I can confirm that. I had a seam starting to unravel on one of my bibs after warranty. I contacted them and it was no problem to get them sent back for repair for free.

·
ReviewBikeRoad Member
1,368 Posts
How is the thickness of the chamois? I have a pair of the Pearl Izumi elite bibs and find the padding to be a tad too thick. Looking for something a little thinner for my next pair.

·
Pack Fodder.
1,871 Posts
I just bought a pair, using the wintergear coupon code. I've been meaning to try these out as a long-distance short, and I really shouldn't have, but I went ahead and took the plunge.

Post up in the Hot Deals section next time you get a good coupon code like this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just ordered a pair. I've been wanting to try bibs for a while now, and with the reviews and price, these seemed like a good candidate.

Thanks for sharing the code.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Try wintergear

·
Banned
605 Posts
Number 6 for me too!

Mdeth1313 said:
Ah, mail came today w/ my 6th pair of desoto bibs- now that it's the end of season, I managed to score this pair for $87 (shipped, rounded up to the nearest dollar). Life is good- too bad I can't justify purchasing anymore with the number I already have.
Eric turned me onto this in the beginning of the season. These have been a big part of being very comfortable on the bike.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MondoRock said:
Just placed my order. Anyone know if gear & training is shipping the 2011 models? Not sure what changed but De Soto mentions 2011 model on their site. http://www.desotosport.com/products/product.asp?Category=mbottoms&ProdID=BB
It didn't say 2010 or 2011 when I got mine, but I'd venture to guess it's the 2010, given the sale price-- I read desoto's description for the 2011 and I didn't read of any major changes. Last year they went from white at the leg bottoms to all black.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts