Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some pictures of my new Kogswell Model G in the fixed gear forum around the time I got it a couple of months ago. This is my commuting setup minus the lights. I'm very happy with the bike and have been riding it to work four or five times to every once I've been riding my geared bike. The Kogswell is not really light, but it is very comfortable and I may have the fit dialed in better than my Cannondale. The last pictures I posted on the fixed forum did not have the fenders or the Nitto stem.

By the way, I have to mention that Matthew from Kogswell was absolutely great when I talked to him on the phone even though I bought the bike used on eBay.

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
nate said:
By the way, I have to mention that Matthew from Kogswell was absolutely great when I talked to him on the phone even though I bought the bike used on eBay.
Matthew is one of the greatest resources in the contemporary cycling industry. He is fantastic. And I do not even own a Kogswell, although he is promising that he will build a 64cm Porteur frame or me!

- FBB

·
Travels by Map
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fbagatelleblack said:
Matthew is one of the greatest resources in the contemporary cycling industry. He is fantastic. And I do not even own a Kogswell, although he is promising that he will build a 64cm Porteur frame or me!

- FBB
I called him after I received the bike and we talked for a bit. Matthew remembered the original owner of the bike and the shop that built up the bike when I told him I got it on eBay. He also made me feel good by saying I got a good deal after asking what I paid for the complete bike (minus pedals and saddle). Finally, I got around to asking how much for a rear brake to match the front one that was on the bike already. For payment he just asked that I talk nice about him, which was a pretty good deal for me. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.