Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a final art project at college I decided to do a step-by-step fixie build website. Here is link to the site. Let me know you thoughts.

Main page

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So for a final art project at college I decided to do a step-by-step fixie build website. Here is link to the site. Let me know you thoughts.

Main page
Remove the background image or alternatively change the font color to white, both in the body copy and the specially the menus.

If possible, resize all the images to a web friendly size vs just posting the full-res images and letting the browser resize them for you.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Good god.. that looks like something from the 90's Geocities free web hosting...

Seriously, as an art person, you may want to redo the web site. Not trying to be an ass, but it was painful to look at. There are plenty of website generators out there to make a basic pretty website.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nothing impressive about the aesthetics. It looks like a half-hearted attempt to quickly finish a project.

I don't see any real step-by-step info. For example, you write that one has to choose the proper length BB spindle. You wrote that you did research and chose a 110mm. Why not include some information about actually figuring out the proper bb spindle to chose?

"Beotch" is appropriate for a school project?
Are you practicing to be a low-brow comedian or a money earning professional?

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Poor web site, find it hard to read with your color combinations... my eyes hurt :eek6:

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
There are many typos and grammatical errors, as well. An editor would be welcome; perhaps somebody in the English department would help out.

·
Registered
20,747 Posts
Uhhh what's the purpose of the project? You said it's an "Art project". What exactly is the Art part?
The web design? I was doing stuff like that in the '90's with no web design training.
The photos? Nothing artistic there.
The instructions? Ugghhh.

This is what they're teaching at Penn State for $31k per year?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
You're doing that with Notepad?

Load the site in a modern browser and bring up the developer functions, usually F12. You can test tweaks to the style sheet until it's legible. The white font suggested above is a good start.

Run your text through either Word or an online grammar checker.

Instead of linking to original photos, either use an image hosting site; i.e., Tinypic and link to that or edit them and save them in an image directory on your web site.

The site has a couple of HTML errors, one probably in code YouTube generated. The W3C Markup Validation Service

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the feedback. I will be making a lot of adjustments. I understand it looks like something from the late 90's but I had to create it from scratch (code everything) and I have had no previous experience with website building. I used dreamweaver to create the site.
It is an art project, the art is in the descriptive wording and the banner image. Thanks to all that pointed out the grammar errors; this is the reason I wanted other eyes to see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts