Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I snapped my spine. Happened sat. Morning. Stood up and couldn't stand up straight. I been eating flexiril, oxycodonel and hydrocodone like candy. Its the highest I have been in sometime. But my back still hurts like a mutha. I am at the docs now. I feel like iam a billion years old. Not standing up straight blows chunks!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
good luck. you have a bike that needs building and riding.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
oh man, thats the sux. I was just planning on taking a trip with the bike south to see you.

Keep us posted.

Apparently you need a massage.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
my back went wack two weeks ago, but i wouldnt go to the dr. i would stretch in the morning, at work, once home, again after dinner, and the before bed. for 5 days straight. it freakin sucked.

hope you get better soon.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Not fun. Ice, heat and massage and a Chiro if you're so inclined.

·
Looking for my Amish Love
907 Posts
I had severe back pain for 2+ years. Don't waste your money on Chiro, instead go right to a good Yoga class & start on the core & stretching. Has helped my back 10 fold. All chiro did was "placedo" the mind & lighten my wallet.

·
yup
2,726 Posts
It has happened to me a couple of times, requiring pain killers & bed rest. After the second time I started back strengthening exercises and stretching. It hasn't happened since, although I don't know if that's because of my actions or just because. It has definitely gotten rid of the mild aches I used to have.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Oh boy, I hope it's muscular and not some nasty crap like bulging discs or anything like that. Hang in there.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
back from the witch doctor

okie dokie.
I can haz severe muscle strain?
yes i can haz.

Lots of x-rays.
Prescriptions for flexiril and tramadol.
Rest.

He also gave me a "10 unit" or some such device. Electrical stimulant to help the pain (my boss: "i have one of those. don't put it on your testicals."). I also have some other electrical stimulant device to "work" the muscle 3xday.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
teh moreon said:
okie dokie.
I can haz severe muscle strain?
yes i can haz.

Lots of x-rays.
Prescriptions for flexiril and tramadol.
Rest.

He also gave me a "10 unit" or some such device. Electrical stimulant to help the pain (my boss: "i have one of those. don't put it on your testicals."). I also have some other electrical stimulant device to "work" the muscle 3xday.
get a compex

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Follow the dox orders and take it easy. IMHO avoid chiropractors, they've messed up my wife's back as well as her fathers. I'm with the work on the core camp as well. It's very important for your back.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
+1 to strengthening the core. Yoga or physical therapy. All us cyclists could really stand to work our abs. And becoming more flexible thru common stretching exercises.

Best wishes for you. Hopefully it's not a crushed disc kind of thing. That'll suck.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
tens works wonders...also.....Capsacin HP....have your lady massage it on your back AND JUST YOUR BACK........rubber gloves required ...it works, it works well particularly for muscle strain..........

·
half-fast
7,386 Posts
I mess up my back a couple times a year. Stretching, ice then heat, all the stuff you're doing will help a little.

It is a real pisser when you can't tie your own shoes. I've gone to work with no socks and untied shoes a few times.

If a tens machine is like the shocker they had at physical therapy, those things are something else.

·
Burning Fists of Love
6,899 Posts
hmmmmm

teh moreon said:
I think I snapped my spine. Happened sat. Morning. Stood up and couldn't stand up straight. I been eating flexiril, oxycodonel and hydrocodone like candy. Its the highest I have been in sometime. But my back still hurts like a mutha. I am at the docs now. I feel like iam a billion years old. Not standing up straight blows chunks!
Sounds like a disk said I a done.

Have the docs do an MRI FAST.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
hells yeah

teh moreon said:
I have some free time now as of Friday. Pencil me in beyatch.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts