Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to say thanks to those who advised me to keep and not sell. But, I am slowly moving them--my wife wants the garage to be a garage again. Some folks had asked for pics of the C50-see below. I have sold 5: serotta classique, IF Ti CJ, waterford R33, mxm, CR1.
5 to go.
so now pics of the the c50 at last--done at night so not the best. I have to say so far, the only one that hurt was the R33--possibly because it sold for peanuts. And it has let me really think about why I collect bikes and what i want given the space i have. So i am getting a kirk terraplane. I'll still keep my moser--have a soft spot for them as my first good steel bike was a moser.

My goal? ultimate carbon=crumpton, superb aluminum=cinelli starship, bad weather bike=merlin extralight, ultimate steel=kirk, production steel=moser tk2, production carbon=??????

trying to sell the vxrs now, otherwise will need to sell my 585. although someone advised me to sell both and get a 595--any thoughts there?

thanks
jim

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wish I had your problems :drunk:

Nice C50. Needs a new tire in front though. But a lovely colour scheme :up:

·
Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
whatever happened to the Pinarello Paris carbon bike? I just replied to your thread asking about the ribbing on the tt. Can't believe your getting rid of the C50. Even though I am a huge Pinarello fan,I would toss them out way before the Colnago C50 ended up under anybody else but me.

Heck,I would be tossin' the wifey out way before any of the bikes left. The C50 is a sacred bike..to me at least and feel strongly that it should be included in any worthwhile stable.

good luck with your decision making...better you than me.

By the way..got to love those fridge letter magnets.Every time you close the doors the damn things always fall off,especially the piece they fit into.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tire is low not flat or bad

this was a bike i helped get for my brother. i think i like the c40 hp better, and esp the OOF scheme i have--but will sell it too. the paris carbon is different looking=i like that, but i have yet to build it up--all my "bike" time is selling or riding.
i like the 585 and vxrs better than c40 or c50. that's just me. plus i like to have something unusual if i can--ride is #1, but i am a bike snob too. thus my decision to get a terraplane--should be both.

below is the 928. i think undervalued for some reason. then the MBK, and that will be the last to go--unless i dislike the paris carbon--i will post pics when it is built up
jim

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
jimcav said:
...trying to sell the vxrs now, otherwise will need to sell my 585. although someone advised me to sell both and get a 595--any thoughts there?

thanks
jim
1) Check your pms.

2) I love my 585. Wouldn't think to get rid of it. The 595 has grown on me, but I still wouldn't get rid of the 585 for it.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
JC,

Your pm inbox is full; pm me your phone number and we'll talk.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i like the 585 that much

if you ride them back to back (disclaimer being i rode this c50 once, felt it was so similar to the c40 hp i had no reason to put miles on it--deal being i could buy it for myself or sell it for my brother)

anyway, the c50 is slightly more comfy, slower handling (i think what most say is stable). the 585 seemed more fun, it is lighter, climbs better, and gives up so little in the comfort factor, I also really like the white credit agricole scheme. besides, i have a crumpton, which is as comfy as the c50, is a tad lghter (this is an early crumpton, so not super light), stiff and handles well. I can't part with it and can't keep so many carbon bikes.

If I don't love the paris carbon i may regret selling the colnagos. when i don't own a colnago, i want one, when i do own one, i often ride something else--that sort of decides it for me.
jim

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
Jim,

I just finished putting together my Colnago Oval Krono time trial bike this morning. I have an old tubular wheel on the front, and will be building new Zipp 303 and 404 front wheels to go with the 909 disk I have on it. Now, there is almost nothing left for me to do other than ride. I have three Colnagos hanging on the garage wall. I guess I can start building wheels to pass the time. A set of 303's, 404's, and 808's are in the works. Once they are done, I will be all out of things to do other than work and ride.

Saw the C40 frame sell on ebay. It did pretty well for what it was. Good luck with the rest of the bikes. I was going to ask what size the C50 was, but (1) I think we already covered the fact that it is larger than a 54 (i.e., my size), and (2) I don't want to be divorced any time soon.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no the c40 hp is getting re-cleared

fabsroman said:
Jim,
Saw the C40 frame sell on ebay. It did pretty well for what it was.
the stone chips frightened folks. i was offered 1500 but wanted a bit more for frame/fork/HS/post. i sent it to have the clear coat chips sanded down and re-clearcoated
the carbon was perfect, but the paint chips put bidders off.

it is a 55 so 54 top tube

the c50 is a 56 with 55 top tube

jim

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes, hard to sell when i see the new paint schemes

Mr. Versatile said:
That Nag sure is a pretty bike.
now they are generic. for me the paint was a big draw for every colnago i had or lusted after--i still wish i'd bought a master light in mapei

jim

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Jim,
Sorry, but am I missing something? Are you selling the C-50? That thing is a piece of art. I would never sell it.
Wayne

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes--my basement bikes are all the bikes I can't keep

wayneanneli said:
Jim,
Sorry, but am I missing something? Are you selling the C-50? That thing is a piece of art. I would never sell it.
Wayne
the c50 hp was a bike that I , as family ebay nut, helped to get for my brother. he then moved into the country--8-12 miles of gravel in any direction and few shoulders anywhere, so it came to me as a bike i could buy or sell. so selling it.
I had at least 2 earlier threads on them: IF Ti CJ, gone, Serotta Classique, gone, Merckx MXM, gone, CR1, gone.
now down to the 3 amigos: c40hp, c50hp, carbonissimo; plus my VXRS, 928, and MBK

and as others say--i am a little obsessed with bikes, and certainly indulge myself there. And i still will, it will just be with 5-6 bikes. And now i will have to sell a bike for real (not just say i will), when i want another.

jim

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that would depend on frameset or what

CaliBuddha said:
damn that MBK is sweet! what are you asking for it?
make me an offer. I am selling it last because i don't think anyone knows MBK. it is 2005 never crashed, lightly ridden Chocolade Jaques team bike, because the rider left for another team after the 2004 season (his name is on it). the frame has more little paint rubs and chips from being transported for part of a season than my other bikes--but the parts show miniscule wear...
if really interested i will take close ups of all the areas.
email me at [email protected]

jim

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.