Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Easter lauwnjers! Spring is for sprouting plants and growin babies, hope you and yours have much success.

piddlen w/ my garden is very therapuetic and keeps me from thinkin about how broke i am

big ole fat fordhook lima's, add some fatback pork and simmer

Pepe keeps guard

little Jackson is growin inside Boo

Sally Pig is munchin corn and slop and puttin on some weight

Ellie Mae wishes Sally would share her leftovers

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Shite, man. I thought your thread title was code for Stork Delivery Service.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Shite, man. I thought your thread title was code for Stork Delivery Service.
May 16th the stork is scheduled to arrive. Putting together a "Rainforest Mobile" right now.

·
®
3,209 Posts
looks like a nice little garden. i love the process of watching things grow from seed. the miracle of life unfolding before your eyes in slow motion.

you'll find out soon enough, but i'll warn you in advance: cucumber needs a lot of space, and will vine out in all directions and probably encroach on plants several rows over. squash also need tons of room. it's not unusual for squash to leaf out and grow a couple feet high and several feet wide.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
No matter how old I am, I will always find farts funny.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
gutfiddle said:
May 16th the stork is scheduled to arrive. Putting together a "Rainforest Mobile" right now.
Seriously, when the "bean" does "sprout" (this being k0de for your kid being born, and not some unfortunate testicle condition), it's so frickin' awesome.

It's like bacon times ham.

Keep the camera handy, because it's amazing how boring other people's newborns are, yet how every moment of your newborn's life necessitates constant documentation.

The smile that makes you feel all giddy inside...

...followed by the inevitable "I think I just crapped my pants" look.

Soooo TINY!

And so very, very sleepy...

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
gutfiddle said:
Happy Easter lauwnjers! Spring is for sprouting plants and growin babies, hope you and yours have much success.

I don't want to harsh your horticultural dreams or anything, but those eggs you planted aren't going to come up. That's not where they come from.

They come from rabbits.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bikeboy389 said:
I don't want to harsh your horticultural dreams or anything, but those eggs you planted aren't going to come up. That's not where they come from.

They come from rabbits.
my wife seriously asked "don't egg's come from chickens?!?" I plan on making a shitton of eggplant parmigiana and freezing it for later consumption.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Andrea138 said:
Hehehe... my birthday is May 15th
my bday is May 18th, he's totally gonna steal my birthday party thunder.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the_dude said:
looks like a nice little garden. i love the process of watching things grow from seed. the miracle of life unfolding before your eyes in slow motion.

you'll find out soon enough, but i'll warn you in advance: cucumber needs a lot of space, and will vine out in all directions and probably encroach on plants several rows over. squash also need tons of room. it's not unusual for squash to leaf out and grow a couple feet high and several feet wide.
i fear that my little plot will be overcrowded soon, i'm thinning rows out but i wish i would have made the rows alittle further apart, lesson learned. The cucumbers are next to the chicken wire fence so they can grow up on it and i'm gonna stake and string the tomato bushes once they get growin. I didn't know about the squash growing so big...

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
catzilla said:
awesome. we can't wait for the little munchkin to arrive! he hiccups after every meal Boo devours, so he hiccups all the time. I have a pile of swing, bouncy seats, pack n plays and various other baby apparratus to assemble which makes seem more "real" since I dont actually feel the varmint pushin on my pelvis like she does.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
catzilla said:
You own a pig.

I find this awesome.

That is all.
all my neighbors have been cleaning out their fridge's and supplementing her corn feed w/ leftovers. Right now she's munching on potato peels and cauliflower bits and alittle ham:blush2:

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
gutfiddle said:
...I have a pile of swing, bouncy seats, pack n plays and various other baby apparratus to assemble which makes seem more "real" since I dont actually feel the varmint pushin on my pelvis like she does.
I dunno. I don't think it actually felt real until about a week after he was born. And I even had the little guy doing punching bag practice on my bladder for 9 months.

There is something very surreal about all of it. I imagine it stays that way until about the 12th or 13th kid.

Hell. From the first "This is it!" contraction until they put the kiddo on my chest, baby daddy and I just kept saying to eachother, "Holy sh1t! Is this really happening? Holy sh1t! It's really happening."

In summary:

Camera. Bacon. Ham.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
gutfiddle said:
my wife seriously asked "don't egg's come from chickens?!?" I plan on making a shitton of eggplant parmigiana and freezing it for later consumption.
I think we're going to do Asian eggplant this year. We did globes last year, and they were great because we were picking them very small, but I like the long, skinny Asian ones because the skins are thinner.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bikeboy389 said:
I think we're going to do Asian eggplant this year. We did globes last year, and they were great because we were picking them very small, but I like the long, skinny Asian ones because the skins are thinner.
i'm gonna try to harvest the veggies young or atleast before they get too ripe to keep the plants producing and to have tender veggies. I want to make pickles out of some of the cucumbers and cut them up into relish and do some canning with the other stuff. I'm not familiar w/ Asian eggplant but i'm already planning to do some different crops in the fall like corn, cabbage, vidalias, greens and other "colder" type plants.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
veggie garden update:

Pepe is doing a fine job keeping varmint and crows out of the plot

i might have to put some support by my lima and pole beans?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts