Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 16 lb Colnago just grew a wart on her nose.

I went to the Cyclocross World Party last night.....the new Cannondale team bikes weighed in at a bit over 14 lbs.

Lust........

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So ya think commissars are going to be measuring tires and weighing bicycles next Wednesday?
Me neither.....
But I would like to be a fly on the wall watching them figure out 80%

·
Registered
97 Posts
OnTheRivet said:
Well they better add some weight somewhere because the UCI minimum is 6.8k (14.99lbs)
Hence the change in rules to allow disc brakes. A lot more useful in cross than the aero frames/wheels, powermeters, etc. you see on road bikes to get them up to the minimum weight.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
what size is it ? I am looking for a C50 Cross frame

·
Registered
75 Posts
the mayor said:

I went to the Cyclocross World Party last night.....the new Cannondale team bikes weighed in at a bit over 14 lbs.

Lust........
Any pictures . I have a 58cm SuperX RED on order, should be here next week.

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
the mayor said:
58...ridden very slowly on Saturdays and Sundays by an old man with a FTP of 64 watts.
unlucky... I am looking for a 56

·
Registered
97 Posts
the mayor said:
No, seriously. Regardless of how much of an advantage they represent for CX, you'd have to be pretty thick headed to opt for a 6.8k canti equipped bike with lead weights over an otherwise identical disc equipped bike that also weighed 6.8k. You really think this hasn't crossed the minds of pro racers/team directors?

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
Miles E said:
No, seriously. Regardless of how much of an advantage they represent for CX, you'd have to be pretty thick headed to opt for a 6.8k canti equipped bike with lead weights over an otherwise identical disc equipped bike that also weighed 6.8k. You really think this hasn't crossed the minds of pro racers/team directors?
True.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
the mayor said:
58...ridden very slowly on Saturdays and Sundays by an old man with a FTP of 64 watts.
64 watts! That's superhuman-- you been hanging out with Joe Papp?

·
Good news everyone!
5,452 Posts
That's pretty rad that they've made bikes so light that they're actually having to ADD heavy parts to get it up to race weight.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jim311 said:
That's pretty rad that they've made bikes so light that they're actually having to ADD heavy parts to get it up to race weight.
This guy gets it!
My first cross bike...a glue and screw 1990ish Guerciotti was around 21 lbs ( and flexy)
My custom steel 2000 Stevens/SpinArts is 18lbs....and a feather for the time.
My C50 is 16 lbs....

Now any Joe with a wallet can buy a bike that the Pro's can't race.
We live in interesting times!

·
Registered
307 Posts
the mayor said:

Lust........

If your Colnago has a wart, what does my Yeti at 19lbs have??? Elephantitus???

I could not even imagine where to shave off 5 lbs of my bike, i might be able to get 2 maybe 3 going weight weeny and super lite wheels.

·
Administrator
12,969 Posts
the mayor said:
This guy gets it!
My first cross bike...a glue and screw 1990ish Guerciotti was around 21 lbs ( and flexy)
My custom steel 2000 Stevens/SpinArts is 18lbs....and a feather for the time.
My C50 is 16 lbs....

Now any Joe with a wallet can buy a bike that the Pro's can't race.
We live in interesting times!
I just bought a steel cross bike so I have an excuse for riding so slow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts