Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of a funny story, I picked up a new wireless computer a few days ago. Last night after a ride I put the numbers into excel, and then left my desk to go be social..

I guess I sat the bike-computer in just the right spot on my laptop, either close to the harddrive, or to the speaker, and just came into to see, my laptop was doing 99.9 kph :)

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts
With a Cateye Micro Wireless on the stem, I pulled up at a red light at an intersection. A car pulled up alongside and Cateye was buzzing along at 162 km/hr. Green light, the car pulled away and the speedo sobered right up. I left that Max Speed on to show the boys at the shop. 'It was nothin' really.'

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
Bixe said:
With a Cateye Micro Wireless on the stem, I pulled up at a red light at an intersection. A car pulled up alongside and Cateye was buzzing along at 162 km/hr. Green light, the car pulled away and the speedo sobered right up. I left that Max Speed on to show the boys at the shop. 'It was nothin' really.'
SEE! You're in much better shape than you thought.:p

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
Hilarious.

That's like my Polar S150 heart rate monitor. If I ride near a home that has
one of those electronic dog fences my heart rate goes up to an utterly
astounding 236 bpm! If I ride away from the house with the fence it goes
down to some completely normal rate...

So I figured I'd test it some more and turned around, got off the bike
and walked up near the house....HRM was 110 bpm or something and
once I got near it was like BAM! 236 on the dot. Backed up a little
and it went back to 110-112. Walked forward. WHAM! 236!

I've avoided that particular route because of that problem but I thought
it was kind of funny.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,881 Posts
heart rate and quartz watches...

I woke one morning to look over at my HR monitor showing 180 on my nightstand....I had three quartz watches in a pile....with the HR monitor on top.... One by one I removed the watches and watched the HR drop 60 at a time.....apparently the quartz movement was sending the signal to the monitor..lol..then there was the time I was tooling along at HR 125 then another guy pulled up along side and both of us looked at our monitors registering 250! guess they where picking up both of us!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Is this the same reason why a lot of pro riders still prefer the hard-wire connection instead of wireless? Just looking at the March edition of Velonews, I could spot a few pictures of riders with that conspicous black wire wrapped around their front brake cables.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
crisbay said:
Is this the same reason why a lot of pro riders still prefer the hard-wire connection instead of wireless? Just looking at the March edition of Velonews, I could spot a few pictures of riders with that conspicous black wire wrapped around their front brake cables.
That is one of two reasons why I still prefer wired over wireless. The other is that I only have to worry about one battery instead of two.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Wasted $50 on a good for nothing wireless computer. Same problems, random intermittent readings which make your numbers unreliable. I've since abandoned computers all together. Too many bikes collecting up that I'd have to put computers on :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts