Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But that isn't going to stop me from spending an hour covering it with the most expensive wax they sell at Autozone.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And my front wheel isn't low, BTW. The street is on an angle, so the front right always looks like it's low.

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
I ve got a 95 VW Golf 4 door hatchback. 128,xxx miles starting to rust. It gets washed when it rains, or snows I guess. The bike rack and radio are still fully functional.
Thats all I need.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,153 Posts
Wow, that looks pretty good for a 15 year old car.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deastin said:
I ve got a 95 VW Golf 4 door hatchback. 128,xxx miles starting to rust. It gets washed when it rains, or snows I guess. The bike rack and radio are still fully functional.
Thats all I need.
Mine has 98,8xx. It has a new clutch, brakes and tires, so I'm going to use it until it dies.

Oh, and I finally scrubbed every last bit of salt from the mats and conditioned the leather seats. I r00lz.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JaeP said:
Wow, that looks pretty good for a 15 year old car.
It lives outside, so that makes things tough. Rust is inevitable.

I used to drive a 1986 900S until just a few years ago. That thing was older and looked even better.

3-speed automatic FTW!!!

·
p != b
2,303 Posts

My car is 21 years old and ACTUALLY rusty. This isn't the worst spot. So let's see some actual rust or HTFU.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bopApocalypse said:

My car is 21 years old and ACTUALLY rusty. This isn't the worst spot. So let's see some actual rust or HTFU.
I had an old Hyundai that had rust like that. I was literally keeping the body together with big machine screws.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
My grandmother used to drive an old Saab like that. The Odometer stopped working at 150k and kept going for years after that. My cousin drove it for a while after grandma got too old to drive.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I had an old Hyundai that had rust like that. I was literally keeping the body together with big machine screws.
funny enough, when I bought that car, the 2/3 of a front bumper that it had was attached mostly using machine screws.

not surprising, then, that I had to drill new holes in the sorry-excuse-for-a-bumper-support in order to mount it back up.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
randi_526 said:
My grandmother used to drive an old Saab like that. The Odometer stopped working at 150k and kept going for years after that. My cousin drove it for a while after grandma got too old to drive.
Remember that time I slapped your grandmother for not changing the oil enough?

"And stop using Fram filters!!!"

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
this thread needs pix of S2H waxing his Saab in a leopard-print thong.

on second thought, no it doesn't.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW, I used Meguair's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0. Overpriced, but very nice. It comes off very easily with a microfiber towel.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,756 Posts
My Chevy's 24 years old and the fenders are about to fall off. One of the calipers is siezed and the wheel bearings are shot.

Doesn't leak oil, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts