Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
What the Hell is going on
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to own a red steel Italian bike with Italian parts. Finally I have it. It's a cheap Colnago Export with a mis-mash of Italian parts which include: a C Record rear/front derailleur, Chorus Monoplaner calipers, Chorus seatpost, Cinelli 130mm XA stem, Cinelli 66-44 Campione del Mondo bars, and a 177.5 10spd Record cranks & BB. I've yet to install my C Record DT shifters and I'm building up a wheelset with C Record hubs on Campagnolo Victory Strada tubular rims. My one concession is the Tektro brake levers. These levers are the greatest! They fit my large hands perfectly!

Que Bellisimo!

·
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unknown History

Dave Hickey said:
Great looking bike... Do you know the history? The peg for the race number suggests a team frame..
I purchased the frame on eBay. It was NOS and never built up, other than that the seller didn't have any more information.

I was intrigued because it had a longer than normal top tube for a Colnago (60cm ST c-t-c, 59.5 TT c-t-c). I must mention that the fork is not original. It's a generic chorme fork. Anything Colnago and/or Campagnolo (vintage) commands high prices on eBay.

·
5,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like a dream

cmg said:
i like the chrome fork. Looks like a colnago steel precisa fork. How does she ride?
I've always favored the ride of a good steel frame. She rides like a dream. I was concerned about the severe toe overlap of the front wheel but I have to admit the handling is terrific. She's very responsive without being twitchy. I like to be stretched out so the long top tube is great. I think I'll even take her to some crit races too!

Originally this was going to be a showcase bike, but I've been riding it almost exclusively for the past two weeks. I rode it in the rain, to work, to my local movie house, the donut shop, the supermarket, and my weekly club rides/races.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.