Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread "soooooo bored" has jinxed my computer. Right now it says there are 81 replies. When I open I see 45 replies. Also earlier when I was trying to respond to it my responses weren't showing up (and I still don't see them). Yet I think (with some insider info from paint) that all you probably see 5 replies of mine that are all the same on there. Soooo, how come I'm not seeing the last 36 responses? Have I angered the lounge gods? Any computer gurus have any suggestions for me? Its not just that thread either, there are other times when it says someone responded 1 minute ago (or 5 or 10, etc) and the last response I see is from like 3 hours ago. Please advise. I just rebooted my computer and that's not helping.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
I've noticed...

Sometimes the replies get scrambled up and the most recent reply isn't the last one shown. And there is more than one page of responses to the Sooo bored thread...are you clicking on only the second page of it?

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Maybe you just need to take some time off from here. I feel a little weird coming here as much as I have this weekend, and every time I'm here, you're here.

Groucho--I love my cigar too, but I take it out of my mouth every once in a while.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lets_ride said:
Sometimes the replies get scrambled up and the most recent reply isn't the last one shown. And there is more than one page of responses to the Sooo bored thread...are you clicking on only the second page of it?
Yes I've taken that into account (the scrambled up thing). Right now I only have 1 page of sooooo bored, there is no page 2 option.

maybe my last avatar of the 3 chicas angered Gregg and Francois.......:confused:

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't know what to do without the lounge. In the last 2 or 3 days alone I've increased my post/day average from 14.39 up to 16.92. I'm trying to get up around bocephus level which is about 20. I'd really like to be up around 25.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
Please advise. I just rebooted my computer and that's not helping.
The problem is most likely between the keyboard and the seat.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how could a wooden table be affecting this? I could see if it was metal it might interfere with the electronics or something but wood?

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
how could a wooden table be affecting this? I could see if it was metal it might interfere with the electronics or something but wood?
You're sitting on the table? ;)

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the keyboard is on the wooden table so the options are

1. The wooden table
2. My thighs.
3. The family jewels.
4. Me rump

I thought wooden table was the best choice.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
the keyboard is on the wooden table so the options are

1. The wooden table
2. My thighs.
3. The family jewels.
4. Me rump

I thought wooden table was the best choice.

Yup. The problem is definitely between the keyboard and your chair. ;):D

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK Fine.

for the record something is still screwed up. There are 101 replies for sooo bored and I'm seeing 50 of them. Do you see all 101?

who's got my beta to fix this?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
OK Fine.

for the record something is still screwed up. There are 101 replies for sooo bored and I'm seeing 50 of them. Do you see all 101?

If I click on page two I see the next 50............

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
OK Fine.

]

I can see them all. What are your viewing options set to: 50 per page or 100 per page. If it's set to 50, have you clicked the page 2 link?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
I wouldn't know what to do without the lounge. In the last 2 or 3 days alone I've increased my post/day average from 14.39 up to 16.92. I'm trying to get up around bocephus level which is about 20. I'd really like to be up around 25.
Grasshopper, it is quality, not quantity.....

for example... the quality of this thread is suspect at best, but you somehow have managed 6 additional posts. Look at the first page of Lounge threads, did you know that you started 9 of them. Of which, I find none terribly noteworthy.

I have read your posts and you are certainly a wealth of cycling knoweledge and a true enthusiast, but you really don't need to try so hard. Just let it happen.....

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just looked for "viewing options" and couldn't find them. Where is this at (assuming it exists)? On sooo bored my Page 1 shows 50 total (original + 49 responses). On my Page 2 there is 1 response.

thanks for helping

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
I just looked for "viewing options" and couldn't find them. Where is this at (assuming it exists)? On sooo bored my Page 1 shows 50 total (original + 49 responses). On my Page 2 there is 1 response.

thanks for helping
Click "My Account" at the top left then click "Edit Options" then scroll down to "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" and set it to 100. See if that helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts