·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
822 Posts
Since we're sharing. :D
My old Trek urban bomber (seriously upgraded '90 multi-track 750) was stolen... I snapped up this rockhopper for $150 on craigslist. A different beast, but getting there. Most upgrades were from my parts bins (On-one handlebars & fork, old & tall kore stem, barcons, slicks, disc brake/wheel & tektro long pull levers). I still need to pull the stock crankset & put some old standard BCD cranks w/ a 48 or 50T big ring, I spin out pretty quick with the 42ish that's on there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, that's pretty small for a big ring, unless you're doing some serious climbing or spending more time on a singletrack than on the flats. I have to say I love my 60T front ring on most days, except when it's excessively windy, or my daughter insists on bringing her 40LB friend along to ride in the trailer.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
My commuter

Here is my main commuter bike at the present, Gunnar Sport with mostly Ultegra components, Open Pro wheels and Conti GP 4 Season tires. I had been commuting about half the time on my Waterford RST-22, but recently decided to take it out of the rotation and use it mainly for weekend rides and supported tours. About once a week when there is no threat of rain, I ride my De Bernardi SL. I also commute occasionally on my Bob Jackson World Tour.

·
Registered
368 Posts
^^
Your saddle position looks awkward (er..maybe unconventional is a better word), but it's so consistent across your fleet, it must be working for you.

My steed:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have short legs and a long torso so I played around with saddle height and position for a long time before settling on the current configuration. It seems to be working pretty well for the time being but I know it's by no means precise. I'm open to a proper fitting but don't have $150+ to blow on getting the ratios dialed in to precision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.