Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to write a quick note about my new 2013 Roubaix SL4 Expert Compact.

On the left side for the tension adjuster for the rear derailleur near the entrance to the internal routing, there was a weird paint chip/cracking starting. It could have easily been in just the paint. I went to my LBS and they said they will contact Spesh.

Today I was notified they are sending me a brand new 2013 S-Works Roubaix.

This is a testament to Specialized standing behind their product.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That's awesome. I'm going to be riding a new Specialized bike come this October. This is the last year I'll be on a Cannondale.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I wanted to write a quick note about my new 2013 Roubaix SL4 Expert Compact.

On the left side for the tension adjuster for the rear derailleur near the entrance to the internal routing, there was a weird paint chip/cracking starting. It could have easily been in just the paint. I went to my LBS and they said they will contact Spesh.

Today I was notified they are sending me a brand new 2013 S-Works Roubaix.

This is a testament to Specialized standing behind their product.
Lets see some pics when the new bike arrives!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd be very curious to see the pictures of the area in question as well. I've got a Tarmac Pro SL4 and just discovered last night, a crack on the side of the headtube that looks questionable. I ran it down to the LBS I purched from and had them look it over. They believe it's just a crack in the paint, but man, I'm not 100% on their assesment.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
I'd be very curious to see the pictures of the area in question as well. I've got a Tarmac Pro SL4 and just discovered last night, a crack on the side of the headtube that looks questionable. I ran it down to the LBS I purched from and had them look it over. They believe it's just a crack in the paint, but man, I'm not 100% on their assesment.
Some on this forum say that a tap test (using a coin to tap around the suspect area, then directly on it) will tell if there's a crack through the CF. If the noise changes when tapping directly on it, that's evidence of a crack. Unscientific, but makes sense, IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.