Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using this lately with great results:

Break Free CLP

I've compared it to White Lightning Dry Lube and I find it is slipperier and lasts longer (can wipe chain down more times between relubing). I've been impressed with this product from my target shooting days (it was developed for gun maintainence in extreme conditions - cold, heat, rain, wind, sand, mud.... sound like a bike application to you? :) )

I haven't seen this stuff in any bike shop. I've seen it in sport stores that carry guns or ammo. It ain't cheap.

Here's a website:

http://www.break-free.com/

Anybody else use this stuff and have comments?

Thanks,
linuxted

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thead isn't going where I thought it would :(

Its gone downhill :rolleyes:

he he he

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
I switched from White Lightning to the homemade Mineral Spirits and Mobil 1 blend about two years ago and would never go back. It makes my drivetrain a lot quieter than WL did and costs a fraction of WL.

·
Daylight Fading
1,902 Posts
I'm going to concoct a Mineral Spirits home brew in a few weeks

I've heard and read nothing but good things about it.

He, he, he he said "concoct!"

BT

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
linuxted said:
I've been using this lately with great results:

Break Free CLP

I've compared it to White Lightning Dry Lube and I find it is slipperier and lasts longer (can wipe chain down more times between relubing). I've been impressed with this product from my target shooting days (it was developed for gun maintainence in extreme conditions - cold, heat, rain, wind, sand, mud.... sound like a bike application to you? :) )

I haven't seen this stuff in any bike shop. I've seen it in sport stores that carry guns or ammo. It ain't cheap.

Here's a website:

http://www.break-free.com/

Anybody else use this stuff and have comments?

Thanks,
linuxted
The only comment I have is that the Army really likes it for their small arms. Used it LOTS cleaning rifles!

Haven't tried it on the bike yet.

M

1 - 11 of 11 Posts