Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is beautiful here in New Enlgand. Sunny and around 60 degrees.

Anyway, on my way in to work today I saw one of my favorite signs of spring... The street sweepers were out picking up all the sand on the side of the road. Maybe its time to break out the good set of wheels?

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
Good for you, It will be awhile here

We still have sand and salt in the roads here, the traffic has worked it off the center of the road but the shoulders have over an inch in spots.

I'm still riding my winter bike and am looking forward to roads clean enough to take my real bike out on. Sand and salt are hard on bikes.

·
hi, I'm Larry
2,254 Posts
Who is getting ready for Spring?

I just got my parts on order for my pre-spring bike fix up. Heres what I'm cleaning up for the new year:
Tearing down the bike and complete cleanup.
New Rims- old ones got flat spots from running into a curb
New tires
New BB
New Chain
New Cranks & Chainrings
I'm going to repack hubs & headset.
Clean up cables.

Who else is overhauling their bike(s) for the new year and what are you doing?

·
Censored by *********
1,397 Posts
My favorite sign of Spring is:

Scantily clad women!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The smell of dirt.

The snow is melting, the ground is saturated, and it's warm enough that I don't have to warm-up the cars anymore. I walk outside first thing in the morning and get hit full-face with a huge waft of DIRT. Mmmm...I haven't smelled that in...what, 3 months at least? One of the greatest smells in the world- spring is a comin'!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummm. Me too.

ruger9 said:
The smell of dirt.

The snow is melting, the ground is saturated, and it's warm enough that I don't have to warm-up the cars anymore. I walk outside first thing in the morning and get hit full-face with a huge waft of DIRT. Mmmm...I haven't smelled that in...what, 3 months at least? One of the greatest smells in the world- spring is a comin'!

I love the smell of dirt too. And mulch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts