Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step by step pictures of my first ever build. I must admit except for the slightly different shades of yellow between the tire and bike frame...I am quite happy. The frame is a Marinoni Corsa from 1986 that I had repainted in 2008. The parts are mostly Campagnolo Record except for the Rear Derailleur, Seatpost and Levers, which are Campagnolo Chorus...Rolls up top and Continental 4k down low.

Tell me what you think.

I will be honest I almost get sexually exited everytime I see the bike, is this a problem? ;)

Here's the original bike:

My next build :) C-Record it shall be! :

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I like! :thumbsup: Good job.
You must like Marinoni as there are a couple other stable mates showing in the pics. :D
What year are the frames?

The black fluted seat post...what year and brand is it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot. This one is 1986 Corsa , the other is 1989 Custom and the third Im not so sure about, but Ill call Marinoni and ask him about it. I dont own a black fluted seatpost?

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Anything in the colors of the Fatherland (or Belgium even) is a winner.
Nice bike.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Great stuff ! As the owner of a couple of (Tig) Marinonis I think it's a damn shame that they don't do lugged frames any more. I did insist on a lugged fork for my track frame though and Luc backed down and found me a fork crown in a dusty box.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, we most certainly believe in bike ;)

I see the seatpost now, its a gipiemme but I dont know the name of the model.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is the first one built with Colombus Chromor? You must be in Montreal as I saw your your enthusiasm on CL!!!

What year is it? Seems like a '93, '94 as the rear brake cable braze-ons are not the same as the older ones. But then again, you have the engraved "Marinoni" on the seatstays.

Interesting

More info please

Nice builds and very nice selection of Marinoni(s). We should talk as I am a fan of 'Noni(s) too and have one also

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I do live in montreal, I love marinoni bikes :) The first is columbus SL steel

Message my add on craigslist to get in touch.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Very nice.
I've got a couple too. The first is actually in the marinonigirl pic posted above (you wouldn't believe how often I've stumbled across that image on the internet since I made it!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliansimpson/sets/72157601782677314/

The second is a modern custom audax/randonneur type build which as you know these days is unfortunately not lugged. Still a lovely frame though. It takes a beating and i get a lot of use out of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juliansimpson/sets/72157602140217681/

Looks like you've got a couple marinoni projects ahead... enjoy!

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
Frith said:
I've got a couple too. The first is actually in the marinonigirl pic posted above (you wouldn't believe how often I've stumbled across that image on the internet since I made it!)
You're the one! That was a great pic and I remember you saying how you had made it. The nice lady came from another advertisment right? You did a good job.

A couple or three years ago I sent it to Luc at Marinoni but didn't even get a reply. :confused:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts