Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I just got this bike from my LBS a few hours ago. :) It's a DA equiped Scott CR1. It just has about 1 mile so far. I'll give it a good run tomorrow.

Frameset: 2007 Scott CR1
Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Elite
Handlebars: FSA Carbon
Stem: FSA alu
Seatpost: Ritchey Pro Carbon
Saddle: Prologo
Crankset: FSA Team issue
Breakset:Cane Creek SCR-3
Front and rear der: Shimano DA
STI Shifters: Shimano DA
Cassette: Shimano DA
Chain: Shimano DA
Tires: Michelin

Ride safely!

Joe

·
Registered
98 Posts
I bought the same bike about a month or so ago out here in LA. Mine came with the Selle Italia seat as stock. I had to switch out my stem and handlebars with Ritchie for a better fit during my fitting. (no additional cost) And came with full DA.

I'm loving it.

What are the big bike stores in your area. I'm from Marblehead originally and have no idea who the big boys are in Boston (and surrounding).

Stevo

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
Looks nice. Enjoy.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!!!

stevo4 said:
I bought the same bike about a month or so ago out here in LA. Mine came with the Selle Italia seat as stock. I had to switch out my stem and handlebars with Ritchie for a better fit during my fitting. (no additional cost) And came with full DA.

I'm loving it.

What are the big bike stores in your area. I'm from Marblehead originally and have no idea who the big boys are in Boston (and surrounding).

Stevo
I have a few friends in the Marblehead area. Nice town. Well, I'm not sure about being 'big boys' but the bike shops I frequent are:

Belmon Wheelworks
International Bicycle Center
Quad Cycles
ATA Bike

I just took the Scott for its first main ride this morning. I was pretty pleased with its handling and road dampening characteristics. Coming from Aluminum/Carbon mix frames, it did feel a little dead but I guess that's just getting used to carbon.

I love the cranks! The owner of the LBS talked me into getting the FSA Team Issue crankset. I was a wee bit skeptical about carbon cranks but this morning's ride made me realize I have nothing to worry about. It's stiff and beautiful.

The bike is not stock. We started from the frameset and picked the components thereafter. The only part I wish this bike has is Fulcurm Racing 1 wheels. Maybe sometime in the future, for now, I the Ksyrium Elites should do fine.

Joe

·
Registered
586 Posts
santosjep said:
Hi guys!

I just got this bike from my LBS a few hours ago. :) It's a DA equiped Scott CR1. It just has about 1 mile so far. I'll give it a good run tomorrow.

Frameset: 2007 Scott CR1
Wheelset: Mavic Ksyrium Elite
Handlebars: FSA Carbon
Stem: FSA alu
Seatpost: Ritchey Pro Carbon
Saddle: Prologo
Crankset: FSA Team issue
Breakset:Cane Creek SCR-3
Front and rear der: Shimano DA
STI Shifters: Shimano DA
Cassette: Shimano DA
Chain: Shimano DA
Tires: Michelin

Ride safely!

Joe
Nice ride!

Good luck with that Prologo Saddle. It sure looks great, but it's the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE SADDLE I have ever ridden in my life. I think you'll be swapping it out very soon. Enjoy the maiden voyage.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
master2129 said:
Nice ride!

Good luck with that Prologo Saddle. It sure looks great, but it's the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE SADDLE I have ever ridden in my life. I think you'll be swapping it out very soon. Enjoy the maiden voyage.

Hi Master 2129!

Thanks! With regards to the PROLOGO saddle, I have to say that it was not the most comfortable saddle I've ridden. It's too narrow compared to what I'm used to (Fizik Arione). Going into my first 50mile ride on the Scott, I prepared myself that I may not like the Prologo saddle and that it may not be comfortable at all.

Well into the ride, I was waiting for that moment when I would just like to head home because the saddle was making the ride unbareable. I was shocked. I rode the whole ride without the slightest discomfort. It's not Arione comfortable but it's pretty good. I had a pair of Assos bibs on when I did the ride. This may have to do something about my overall comfort. I'll try another pair the next time I ride.

Indeed, i was skeptical about the Prologo but I wanted to see for myself what the fuss was all about. My LBS didn't carry it at all. I had to order it on-line. Needless to say, I'm not dissapointed with the purchase; in the same token, I'm not in all praises for the saddle either. However, I like it... so far.

Joe

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swapped the saddle

master2129 said:
Nice ride!

Hi master2129!

I hesitated because the saddle just looked way too cool but I eventually swapped it with another. SMP Evolution... I like the ride much better now :)

Joe

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
VERY nice looking bike. SCOTT makes sweet as frames! I love it except for that DA stuf...But to each his own. The new Shim10 stuff just looks so ugly.

But hey, 2009 Shimnao DA due this fall will NOW have cable under the tape like Campy and SRAM.

I hope you are enjoy that baby!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very Nice Ride

good luck with it. How much does it weigh? Scott pushes the envelope with weight so I assume it is very light. I have a flat bar Scott road bike but it is just a beater for me to get around town and do night rides. They make really nice bikes.

santosjep said:
Hi master2129!

I hesitated because the saddle just looked way too cool but I eventually swapped it with another. SMP Evolution... I like the ride much better now :)

Joe

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Around 16-17 lbs

Lazyrider said:
good luck with it. How much does it weigh? Scott pushes the envelope with weight so I assume it is very light. I have a flat bar Scott road bike but it is just a beater for me to get around town and do night rides. They make really nice bikes.
I did some minor adjustments and gave it new tires... :) couldn't resist. Here's how it looks now.

Joe

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks a lot better with the small

changes. Love the red saddle and silver bar tape. You spread the red around just enough. My only suggestion would be to get this Ritchey WCS carbon stem. It is a beautiful piece, light and would finish the bike off perfectly. I put it on my Bosberg and matched it with a Ritchey Carbon seatpost.

santosjep said:
I did some minor adjustments and gave it new tires... :) couldn't resist. Here's how it looks now.

Joe

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that indeed looks sexy

Lazyrider said:
changes. Love the red saddle and silver bar tape. You spread the red around just enough. My only suggestion would be to get this Ritchey WCS carbon stem. It is a beautiful piece, light and would finish the bike off perfectly. I put it on my Bosberg and matched it with a Ritchey Carbon seatpost.
Lazyrider,

Wow.... that looks really nice. I'll consider putting one on :D Purely for aesthetical reasons.

Joe

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Lazyrider said:
Very nice stem. but not that light. I like the ITM carbon stem a bit better as well. But those do finish of CF bikes nice as well as the TOKEN which is lighter and cheaper than the ritchey.

The new FSA is also sweet, but they are al heavy for a WW like me.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
santosjep said:

Joe
Funky and crazy looking saddle, but the red sadle and sliver tape look nice. Ditch the red tires IMO. Makes the bike look cheap. I use to use blue tires then wised up. :p

That bike deserves a little nicer stem. Many to choose from in Aluminum or CF if you want. But that cheapish FSA does need to go when you can!

Really sweet looking.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hey Dirt, I researched the ITM stem before I bought the

Ritchey 4-Axis Matrix Carbon Stem and I think you may have it confused with something else because my stem is only 124 grams in 110mm. The ITM that is cheaper weighs more and the other ones cost $300 and are heavier as well. Plus I got mine on Ebay brand new for $120
As far as Token, they are not bad for the $ but I have seen complaints about the finish on them. Plus this Scott deserves better than that.

http://ritcheylogic.com/web/Ritchey...ates/eproducts_single.aspx?id=23585&live=true

DIRT BOY said:
Very nice stem. but not that light. I like the ITM carbon stem a bit better as well. But those do finish of CF bikes nice as well as the TOKEN which is lighter and cheaper than the ritchey.

The new FSA is also sweet, but they are al heavy for a WW like me.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's always an issue of aesthetics if you think about it

a $10 stem serves the same function. I figured you have a Ritchey Seatpost, so why not the stem to match? BTW, I like the red tires they don't cheapen the look.

santosjep said:
Lazyrider,

Wow.... that looks really nice. I'll consider putting one on :D Purely for aesthetical reasons.

Joe

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
not to pee in your drink, but why silver bar tape?

And how is it full DA without a DA crank? Not to be critical, but FSA isn't exactly on top of people's list on high end cranks on a very very high end bike you have there.

·
Parlee fan!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what you're drinking.

CleavesF said:
not to pee in your drink, but why silver bar tape?

And how is it full DA without a DA crank? Not to be critical, but FSA isn't exactly on top of people's list on high end cranks on a very very high end bike you have there.

First, the silver tape was to match my initial saddle (silver and white)... the SMP saddle came in later.

2nd, when was it mentioned that the bike had full DA? The component lis is on the original post. I never claimed that it was a full DA bike.

With regards to the crankset, FSA cranksets in my book are a great bang for the buck. I first ordered the DA crankset but since I'm experimenting with a carbon bike, might as well try a carbon crankset.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts