Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I finally got a digital camera, and of course took the commuting pics. I thought I'd share them with y'all. These are from the eastern plains of Boulder County, Colorado. :)

Enjoy,
EM

1 - The start of the ride, heading west. I love riding to the mountains.
2 - The "Flatirons". They're a Boulder landmark.
3 - The ubiquitous "Here's me riding my bike pic".
4 - I finally have to deal with traffic.
5 - Prospect, CO. A funky little town indeed.
6 - The end of an era - today Seagate acquires Maxtor (5/19/06) My job = ?

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MB1 said:
Ohhhhhhhhh. Nice!
Thanks!

Wait until you see it in the winter with the sun just peaking over the horizon and painting those mountains a soft pink. The moon hanging just over the peaks. It's one of the best reasons to ride in to work at 5degrees. :)

EM

·
Registered
220 Posts
nice

It was a gloriously beautiful morning this morning in Colorado. Man, Boulder looks so much greener than around Colorado Springs.. Although, it is greening up some. You guys stealing our water?

·
Banned
662 Posts
Unless Maxtor and Seagate have a different product base, I would
start looking around. Since I don't know your background and am not asking,
assume you will be treated harshly. The disk drive business can be brutal.
I worked for both companies when younger. Maxtor had the world's first 2 GB- 3.5 in drive and they closed down SJ headquarters by thinking the smaller format(1.5 inch )
drives in Colorado would take over the market. :rolleyes:

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,673 Posts
Nice pics! That looks like a beautiful place to ride, possibly even inspiring! As long as I didn't have to ride up those big hills in the background.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow, Beautiful country,
Still quite a bit of snow up there on the mountains!
The snows almost completely gone round here, How high is that?
That's bad news about Maxtor and your'e job prospects. They make about the best value drives you can here in Switzerland. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Enviro Mental said:
The end of an era - today Seagate acquires Maxtor (5/19/06) My job = ?
Nice pics. Good rides when the wind isn't howling.

I'm an ex-storage guy who went through a lot of start-ups and fall-downs and finally got chewed-up by the industry. I really got a chuckle recently when I read about this "new technology" perpendicular recording, remember that from 20 years ago. Fly San Jose to Denver with a drive out to Longmont and Boulder, brings back memories of good times.

PS - Maxtor was the first company to put thin film heads in a small disk format (5 1/4" drive).

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,062 Posts
I wonder if the founding fathers of capitalism and free markets envisioned these mergers, acquisitions and monopolies. Just wrong for so many reasons.

But I digress ...

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks!

Thank you all for your kind words and comments.

It seems that my job (tech support) will be safe for the forseeable future. :)

EM

Yep, the riding is awesome, and coming down those big mountains is fully worth the effort to go up them. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.