Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I've felt the Felt
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'll be blatantly honest. I'm fishing for complements. I just finished my building her up yesterday. This is my first fixed gear bike. I built it up on the super-econo plan. Most of the cost was covered by parts I already owned, parts I used to barter to get what I needed, and parts I sold for cash used for the project. This is going to be my commuter when I start school this fall. I think it looks great for what it is, which is...

SE Lager frame, rattle can painted and clear coated by myself
Surly Pacer fork
Formula 32H hubs laced to CXP22 rims
Stronglight Track crankset 48t(used then resurfaced and high polished by myself)
Rockworks 19t cog
and a cheapo KMC 1/8th chain
cheap bullhorns and caliper
tektro reverse lever (scoff if you must, I like having all my teeth and I'll be comfortable learning with a brake to use)
everything else I had in my "spare bike parts box"

total out of pocket expenses: $200

·
I've felt the Felt
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you get back what you put into it.

jupiterrn said:
Amazing what you can do with a rattle can these days. Great job.
It's as simple as that. When I started I wet sanded the whole thing with soapy water and 320 grit. Did a couple light coats of the metallic blue. Did two clear coats. Two rounds of polishing compound and two coats of wax. Something about the number two made me feel like I wasn't cheating it.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
SE bikes are really nice for the money.

I'm surprised you redid it, excellent work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.