Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 3 months ago I noticed my first gray hair. I pulled it out. 3 weeks later it's back. I pulled it out. 3 weeks later it's back, ect, ect, ect and teh like. I conclude that once you get a gray hair the hole that that hair came out of will only produce gray hairs.
 

·
chica cyclista
Joined
·
2,842 Posts
er, sorry about your luck.

Yes, the hair follicle will continue to produce the same grey hairs, that's a fact.

Another fun fact about grey hairs; they're coarser than the others, so they'll naturally stand up / spring out more, so they're also more obvious. This drove my mom nuts.

that being said, I'll be 38 in August and I've yet to find any. Looks like I've not only my dad's thick hair and dark brunette colouring (finally) but he was in his early fifties before he started finding greys. Age has little to do with it and genetics has a whole bunch. I've three or four friends who've been going grey since their mid teens.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my dad would be completely gray if he didn't dye his hair. my mom has some gray hairs. I've got hair like my dads so i'm probably doomed. the gray hairs did seem fairly thick. bastids! overall seems like one gray hair at age 35 is pretty good.
 

·
Non Non Cyclist
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
Consider yourself lucky...

I started getting stray grey hairs when I was 17. And I'm several years younger than you.
 

·
A Canadian in Sweden
Joined
·
6,130 Posts
Nothing sticks out worse than a grey hair in a head full of black, stiff, Chinese hair. With my head of hair, one grey hair looks absolutely huge. Yes, Anneli gets a kick of picking them out...it hurts like heck. As for me, 39 in 11 days. One good thing about being Chinese or Asian is how gracefully we age :). Ask Eddy or Il Sogno, nothing more difficult than trying to guess how old we are.
Cheers, Wayne
 

·
The Original and The Best
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
about 3 months ago I noticed my first gray hair. I pulled it out. 3 weeks later it's back. I pulled it out. 3 weeks later it's back, ect, ect, ect and teh like. I conclude that once you get a gray hair the hole that that hair came out of will only produce gray hairs.
I love gray hair on guys.

//*swoon* :D :D :D :D :D
 

·
The Original and The Best
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
wayneanneli said:
Nothing sticks out worse than a grey hair in a head full of black, stiff, Chinese hair. With my head of hair, one grey hair looks absolutely huge. Yes, Anneli gets a kick of picking them out...it hurts like heck. As for me, 39 in 11 days. One good thing about being Chinese or Asian is how gracefully we age :). Ask Eddy or Il Sogno, nothing more difficult than trying to guess how old we are.
Cheers, Wayne
Oh my gosh, Wayne!!! 39?!?!?! Wow, never would have guessed. :)

I have no gray hair yet, so I take after my dad who has very little. My mom has had gray hair since her late twenties and now has all white hair with a little bit of gray.

I get a kick out of picking hairs, too. I have always enjoyed grooming other people--like animals! When I was a kid, I used to pick out the white hairs of older relatives and friends. Every week I would do that for people. I was the best at it!

Gray hair on guys is so hot. Especially around the temples and sideburn area. Beard, too, if they have one. Mmmm. It is just so sad for me that Dave Hickey and Mickey-Mac and The J's are all taken and/or hundreds of miles away. Oh well. They probably would not want anything to do with my feet anyway. Any more guys out there with gray hair??? :p :eek:
 

·
What the Hell is going on
Joined
·
5,017 Posts
Tony Sirico

eddy said:
Gray hair on guys is so hot. Especially around the temples and sideburn area. Beard, too, if they have one. Mmmm. It is just so sad for me that Dave Hickey and Mickey-Mac and The J's are all taken and/or hundreds of miles away. Oh well. They probably would not want anything to do with my feet anyway. Any more guys out there with gray hair??? :p :eek:
. . . you mean like the kind of gray hair on Paulie Walnuts on the Sopranos?
 

·
The Original and The Best
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
JaeP said:
. . . you mean like the kind of gray hair on Paulie Walnuts on the Sopranos?
I just barfed. What are you trying to do--ruin my gray hair fetish??? :mad: :rolleyes:
 

·
Rep *****.
Joined
·
9,795 Posts
I'm about 20% gray now. I thought about dying it but its evenly distributed and bright silver instead of the yellow tint. So I will go gracefully. Hair line is hanging tough so I'm happy about that.
 

·
Travels by Map
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
lonefrontranger said:
Another fun fact about grey hairs; they're coarser than the others, so they'll naturally stand up / spring out more, so they're also more obvious. This drove my mom nuts.
I have long crazy hair and there is a grey hair that sticks out crazier than the rest every time.
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,884 Posts
hence the nick-name...

and that was earned in 1990....since then it is WAY more than a TOUCH. Beard is all gray, head is 1/4 gray, 1/2 reddish brown...and alas...1/4 GONE!

Listen to the song........Touch of Gray........"every silver lining has a touch of gray......"
 

·
Arrogant roadie.....
Joined
·
4,232 Posts
I found my first gray hair at age 29. I'm 44 now, but still less than 10% gray. My dad took probably nearly 40 years to go completely gray, and my mother never did. Don't worry.

Now, baldness, OTOH.......
 
G

·
Monday will be my 46th birthday astoundingly, I really wonder where all the time went.

I noticed the other day that a few little touches of gray are starting to show up right around the temples. I am not happy about this and quite surprised to see it there.

I think I will head off to the barber today and get the hair cut SHORT, make the gray a little harder to see.

I hope.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,890 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
and that was earned in 1990....since then it is WAY more than a TOUCH. Beard is all gray, head is 1/4 gray, 1/2 reddish brown...and alas...1/4 GONE!

Listen to the song........Touch of Gray........"every silver lining has a touch of gray......"
my eyebrows are gray. chesthair is white. pubic.. ok, ok!
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top