Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be ordering a Windsor Wellington 2.0 today from bikesdirect.com. I've looked over the specs and it seems like a decent deal and a lot better than the bikes I was considering at Wal-Mart / Sports Authority. What do you guys think?

https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/windsor/wellington2.htm

Frame Kinesis 6061 Series Aluminum, 2xH2O mounts, replaceable rear derailleur hanger, rear rack braze-ons
Fork DuraForte TaperBlade CroMoly
Crankset RPM by FSA ALUMINUM triple 52/42/30T polished black finish
Bottom Bracket Sealed cartridge
Pedals Traditional Clip and strap Road pedals
Front Derailleur Shimano FD2203 for triple
Rear Derailleur Shimano Sora 8 speed (24 gears total)
Shifters Shimano 2200 STI 8 speed (24 gears total) (integrated with brake levers)
Cassette/Freewheel Cassette 11-28T 8 speed (24 gears total)
Chain KMC IG for 8spd
Hubs Forged aluminum (black finish) with Quick Release
Spokes Stainless Steel
Rims Alex aluminum with aero section
Tires Maxxis High pressure road 700c, presta valve tubes
Brakes Aluminum dual pivot black finish
Brake Levers Shimano 2200 STI (integrated with shift levers)
Handlebar Kalloy Aluminum alloy black
Stem Kalloy Aluminum alloy quill
Tape/Grip Black cork
Saddle Comfort Groove
Seat Post Kalloy Aluminum alloy Micro Adjust
Seat Clamp Machined Aluminum Alloy with bolt

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have to tell you, I am beginning to think about my second road bike (still riding my 10-year-old Trek 1220) and I still wouldn't be comfortable buying with the help of a good LBS. The only way would be to buy using an online guide that measures a LOT of body parts, and helps buy the right size AND then pay a good bit for a service to help me adjust for a perfect fit. Even then, I'm not sure I want a bike I haven't ridden.

All of that said, others with more experience can help you figure out how good a deal it is. My first impression (from a newbie) is that this is NOT and never would be a $800 bike (the list price according to the site). Maybe more like a $500 or $450 bike so you are getting a sale price.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I read your last post. Go to a bike store close to you, sit on a couple bikes and figure out what size you are....Then you could shop for used bikes off of ebay or craigslist.

Honestly, you are better off starting with a 105/Tiagra mix than a mishmash of parts at 2200 <

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.