Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
damn, that was fun. :)

picked the bike up from the shop, rode to the nearest park to try out getting in and out of the clipless pedals. got the hang of that w/out falling over and started cycling home and couldn't believe i was hitting 35km/h on the flat. :) that's fun :D

got home and changed into the proper kit, and went out for a quick trip. did 29kms in about 55mins. that's only about 20 mins longer than that round takes me by car. i like this new toy. :)

weather permitting, i'm going out again on wednesday and/or friday. :)

i'm now officially hooked.

regards,
sb

· Scary Teddy Bear
14,801 Posts
Hehe

binabik said:
damn, that was fun. :)

picked the bike up from the shop, rode to the nearest park to try out getting in and out of the clipless pedals. got the hang of that w/out falling over and started cycling home and couldn't believe i was hitting 35km/h on the flat. :) that's fun :D

got home and changed into the proper kit, and went out for a quick trip. did 29kms in about 55mins. that's only about 20 mins longer than that round takes me by car. i like this new toy. :)

regards,
sb

Just wait...it gets even better. Personally, I love the steep climbs...hurts like hell, and cramping, etc.....but coming down the other side........PURE JOY.

· Registered
789 Posts
Cycling fun!

Welcome to the great sports activity of cycling! Keep learning empirically- "by experience" and try to read up on any cycling literature that you find most appealing and/or helpful. Now, for your cycling needs you should definitely check out Probikekit.com (especially if you know what you want- after talking to your local bike shop staff)!

regards,
sb[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.