Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Is that a typical corner set up for a crit? I've only watched one and it had padded barriers on the corners. These barriers happened to be plastic covered "bales" of building insulation - which I thought was brilliant. Perfect height for the spectators to look over, perfect padding for the crashers and a chance for the sponsor to advertise their product.

Why would they put a rigid metal fence on the outside of a corner?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
This photographer caught an excellent scene at the expense of your downfall. The guy in front looks like a total hero, like he escaped from an explosion in an action movie. Even more to him if he won the race.

...and hope you're ok.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
See what happens when you try to put your water bottle back when you are in a corner....but seriously, I hope you're not hurt too badly. The picture looks like you landed on your left shoulder pretty hard.

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Is that in Indy?

The guy in front appears to be wearing a Team Tortuga kit; they morphed into another team with new sponsorship a while back -- they haven't existed as Tortuga since 2010.

·
Bikes, Guns & Metal...
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
First of all, thanks for the good wishes.

I am still a new racer in the Crashegory 5 and this was my 4th race of the season and 5th over all so I am still getting to know my limits and my capabilities. In this race I actually felt very good, my race plan was working just the way I intended and on that last lap, I was already 6-8 wheel which would lead me to unleash my sprint but unfortunately on the first corner at the last lap, the Sram guy opened too much not holding the line which caused me to open up as well but I felt I was going too wide so I guess I over-corrected and everything else happened in a millisecond; I did try to get back up right away but other guys ran into me and I just stayed down until it was over, got up and finish my race.

I did not know until a couple of days latter that we actually had lapped almost half the field and ended up with a 16th place, which is really good for me specially after the wreck.

The price to pay it was cheap I think; small cuts on the face, small road rash on the hip, knees and ankle and a swollen knee and that was the worse part.

I will post more pics latter.

PS
I love that picture, I will contact the person who took it and I will ask for the original file so I can print it in a 8x10 or so and I will hang it on the wall.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.