Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Waves77 said:
Ouch. Fugly IMO.

No way.

Whoever thought up that paint scheme must be a violinist/guitarist.

Sorry Waves, but this is pretty neat imho. A ride you only pull out for certain occasions.

Now, if I had the chump change to buy it, would I? Probably not. But it's fun to look at.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm a big pegoretti fan, so it's not like I don't appreciate the wilder paintjobs, but this one totally doesn't do it for me. I also hate yellow with a passion, so maybe if the colors were different I'd appreciate it more...

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Waves77 said:
I'm a big pegoretti fan, so it's not like I don't appreciate the wilder paintjobs, but this one totally doesn't do it for me. I also hate yellow with a passion, so maybe if the colors were different I'd appreciate it more...

Interestingly, I've grown to kind of hate Pegs and all that pretentious bling those frames sport.

If I were to stare at this frame long enough I'd probably end up hiding it in the closet.

Sometimes less is just more.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a Zullo Criterium and a Sprint.

Both of these bikes have a simple, understated red and white color scheme.

The frameset pictured successfully tips its hat to the TVM teams of the 90's.

I'd love to own one, as well as the Speciale they lovingly renovated and chronicled on their website.

Very nice riding/performing bikes by the way.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
those 'smoke' finishes were all the rage in the early-mid 90s

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
not sure about the "smoke finish" but i really like their Pista 85 track bike.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I've actually seen this frameset in person (as a built up bike) and while it was still pretty ugly, it wasn't quite as bad as in photo form. Like the frame, don't like the paint.

That baby blue is nice looking.

Also saw some of their frames at the NAHBS in Richmond this year. Nice stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts