4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
I want a platter of vein clogger and heart stopper, Baby!! That'd be a cool tour, but I'd have to bring along my own cardiologist and surgical team to give my circulatory system a good roto-rooting every month or so... I'm thinking that might suck the joy out of all the tempting eats.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
We've been to ...
Taylor's Automatic Refresher​
933 Main Street
St. Helena, CA 94574
Tel: (707) 963-3486

I have to say it was pretty darn good.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
I must eat a lot of unhealthy food because I have been to five of those places. :eek:

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sadly, I haven't been to any of them. He hasn't made it to CO yet.

·
...?
1,481 Posts
I think White Palace Grill is the only one I've been to. I used to go there about once a month with co workers after our 6am mandatory meetings.

//I want pancakes.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Bulldozer said:
Sadly, I haven't been to any of them. He hasn't made it to CO yet.
Yea, what places should be on a Colorado list? I don't really have any good hole in the wall places anymore. Having a kid seemed to drop those off the list of places to go eat.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chain said:
Yea, what places should be on a Colorado list? I don't really have any good hole in the wall places anymore. Having a kid seemed to drop those off the list of places to go eat.
I don't have any either. There's nothing near me but chain restaurants. Toast (downtown Littleton) is good but it doesn't really qualify as a diner or drive-in. I guess it could be considered a dive. We take family bike rides over there on Sundays for breakfast. They have Fruity Pebble pancakes.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
I've been some of the Omaha ones.
Joe Tess' place - skip it
Dixie Quick's - probably my favorite of the ones on the show
Big Mama's is good, especially great if you get to talk with her. Very friendly.
Cali Taco is great too. 2nd favorite after Dixie's.

Still need to try Amato's and Brew Burgers.

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Bulldozer said:
I don't have any either. There's nothing near me but chain restaurants. Toast (downtown Littleton) is good but it doesn't really qualify as a diner or drive-in. I guess it could be considered a dive. We take family bike rides over there on Sundays for breakfast. They have Fruity Pebble pancakes.
I'm not sure I could do Fruity Pebble pancakes. My daughter and I did discuss what other cereals to add to rice krispy treats next time we make them.

How about Johnsons corner for the cinnamon rolls. Morrison Inn for Mexican? Maybe.. ahhhh what's the name of the mexican place down on Broadway by I-25?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Food aside

there was a Edgumacational show on about diners all across PA, the stainless steel diner type places. My local, Jerry's Curb Service franchised the whole outfit. you buy as a kit and construct, more a burger joint than restaurant/diner. Waitresses walk out to the car, sort of like Sonic, and take your order. He has been around since the late 40's. Anyone familiar with Bruster's Ice cream stands? He owns Jerry's, was given to him by his dad for hs graduation. Right before the Atlanta Olympics, he franchised Brusters and made a fortune. Bruce Reed, hence the name Bruster's.

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
i've only been to 3 places, and not even all the ones in my county! i'll have to try the russian river pub. interesting that his own local restaurants aren't listed. that's ok cuz i'ld only give them about a B/B- rating anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts