Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hardly ever order from them, but I needed another pair of bibs so I ordered the santini genesis one bibs and demarchi contour plus bibs, both size medium. I'm familiar w/ the demarchi bibs, but I was interested in the santinis, especially since I saw backcountry trying to sell them for over $300.
The santinis were selling for 109 and demarchi for 89, about $10 less w/ the 10% off code.
I tried on both-- I'm keeping the demarchi's- the fit and feel is near perfect for me-- the santini bibs fit well, but don't feel as nice and the kicker-- I'm 5'7" and the straps are so freaking short I can't stand up straight with them over my shoulders! Holy crap!
They'll go back.

The other nice finds were a pair of demarchi contour light bib tights for $45-- really nice and the best deal was a returned pair of demarchi leg warmers for $6.50-- this stuff comes in handy when you do early spring commutes to work (at 5am).

For once, they applied the discount and shipped quickly- when did they go right?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
"For once, they applied the discount and shipped quickly- when did they go right?"

That's my normal experience with Nashbar.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Over in Bike Forums Nashbar is getting torn to shreds. First the round-the-block line of people posting they have only used their credit-card once in months - at Nashbar and only Nashbar - and their card numbers were hacked, one crook going so far as to send the victim a little piece of jewelry as a momento to remember him/her by, to another guy who only gave his cell-phone number to Nashbar to confirm an order - and that was used to sign him up for non-stop spam calls!

Considering all the Nashbar linkage - it's the only common-thread of where people used their credit-cards - there can be no doubt that the Nashbar system has a security hole so wide - you could drive a tandem tractor-trailer through it sideways. There is now a call for circulating an online petition telling Nashbar that they can kiss their customers bye-bye if they don't fix this - stat - and let people use PayPal on their site. They are NOT trusted anymore.

And this chatter has also launched a condemnation of their Mars-To-Earth shipping time.

When people were mad at Niagara Cycle Works for their slow shipping, one of their owners had the audacity to make an appearance. She listened to all of us. And now Niagara ships fast! But not a peep out of Nashbar after several weeks of bitter complaints.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Out of the 10 or so orders I've made with nashbar I've only had 1 order not ship next day.. usually get my stuff within 5 days even when I get the cheap shipping.
performancebike takes their time processing sometimes..
Jenson and pricepoint are pretty quick..
Competitive cyclist is super fast..

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i got my cc swiped after a nashbar order. they have a few good deals on some things i want, but im not goin back for a long time.

i think they farm out the website now. it changed a few months back, and thats when the cc problems started. heck, they cant even get website updates done correctly. if you tried to navigate their site on 4/6/09, you know what i mean. this is forgivable once in a while, but it seems like a weekly habit now.

i hope they keep the nashbar customer data and performance customer data separate.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've ordered dozens of times from Nashbar over the years, and never had a problem. But only phone orders. I pay for the cheap shipping, and it's delivered to my job within 3 to 5 days.

I'm old school, phone orders only, no exceptions.

As far as quality, I buy cheap stuff that seems to last.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Puchnuts said:
Over in Bike Forums Nashbar is getting torn to shreds. First the round-the-block line of people posting they have only used their credit-card once in months - at Nashbar and only Nashbar - and their card numbers were hacked, one crook going so far as to send the victim a little piece of jewelry as a momento to remember him/her by, to another guy who only gave his cell-phone number to Nashbar to confirm an order - and that was used to sign him up for non-stop spam calls!

Considering all the Nashbar linkage - it's the only common-thread of where people used their credit-cards - there can be no doubt that the Nashbar system has a security hole so wide - you could drive a tandem tractor-trailer through it sideways. There is now a call for circulating an online petition telling Nashbar that they can kiss their customers bye-bye if they don't fix this - stat - and let people use PayPal on their site. They are NOT trusted anymore.

And this chatter has also launched a condemnation of their Mars-To-Earth shipping time.

When people were mad at Niagara Cycle Works for their slow shipping, one of their owners had the audacity to make an appearance. She listened to all of us. And now Niagara ships fast! But not a peep out of Nashbar after several weeks of bitter complaints.
That's really rough, fortunately I've never ordered from Nashbar and I don't think I will after reading this (even though the credit card fraud may not be associated with them).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts