Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've spent the better part of an afternoon chasin it around my neighbors yard, I must have crossed his 5 acres atleast 20 times. We had a pretty good lightning storm yesterday and it spooked the pig enough to jump over the 3ft hog panel fence and somehow it got thru my fence and into my neighbor's yard. His big boxer dog was raising hell 2 o clock this morning but i was comatose after coming home from the dog track and rays game. Finally got it cornered and tackled it and put it in the dog pen for now until i rig the pig pen tall enough so it wont jump out.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my hog weighs in at about 20lbs but i know it can change direction and run faster than the hog in that pic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
that one doesn't have to change directions, it can run through whatever it wants ala that guy from X-Men (little help please)

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Last time that happened to me..

30 days for Indecent exposure

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Advice from Grandpa: "Never chase a goldurn animal unless you're a-horseback. You cain't catch 'em and you look like an idjit."

Actually it was my wife's grandfather, and I only met him twice. But he was a real Texas cowboy, came out to California with a trainload of cattle when he was 15, married Grandma at 16 and ran cattle all over what's now Signal Hill in the 19-teens and '20s.
Still good advice, though.

·
Great White North
1,139 Posts
LostRower said:
that one doesn't have to change directions, it can run through whatever it wants ala that guy from X-Men (little help please)

Juggernaut.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
(ahem) Yer gonna need a better pen.

I grew up on a cattle farm, I've spent many a Saturday (and other days too) chasing cows up the side of mountains despite reasonably well-built fences. I eat steak for revenge.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GTDave said:
(ahem) Yer gonna need a better pen.

I grew up on a cattle farm, I've spent many a Saturday (and other days too) chasing cows up the side of mountains despite reasonably well-built fences. I eat steak for revenge.

i know i know you told me so....whoever coined the phrase "when pigs fly" hasnt met "Sally-Pig" she can clear 3ft vertically. I got her in the dog penn w/ a conc pad and roof over it so she's pretty discouraged right now. My neighbor's wife hates my guts and says if it comes in her yard again she's shooting it, i told her i would hold it for her right now so she could get an easy shot. Had the neighbors doberman and boxer and my blue tick puppy and catahoula yard dog and none of them would catch it just race it around the yard until i pinned it in a corner and legged it then it squealed and I could hardly get all the shiteaters off it. Off i go to build the hogpen higher and stronger!:thumbsup:

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cory said:
Advice from Grandpa: "Never chase a goldurn animal unless you're a-horseback. You cain't catch 'em and you look like an idjit."

Actually it was my wife's grandfather, and I only met him twice. But he was a real Texas cowboy, came out to California with a trainload of cattle when he was 15, married Grandma at 16 and ran cattle all over what's now Signal Hill in the 19-teens and '20s.
Still good advice, though.
good advice but my lasso'n skills suck!

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
thank god i don't live in mulberry.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
gutfiddle said:
i know i know you told me so....whoever coined the phrase "when pigs fly" hasnt met "Sally-Pig" she can clear 3ft vertically. I got her in the dog penn w/ a conc pad and roof over it so she's pretty discouraged right now. My neighbor's wife hates my guts and says if it comes in her yard again she's shooting it, i told her i would hold it for her right now so she could get an easy shot. Had the neighbors doberman and boxer and my blue tick puppy and catahoula yard dog and none of them would catch it just race it around the yard until i pinned it in a corner and legged it then it squealed and I could hardly get all the shiteaters off it. Off i go to build the hogpen higher and stronger!:thumbsup:
Truly a miss opportunity for video.:thumbsup:
I've never tried to raise pigs, but it dosen't take much if an electric fence to keep cows contained FWIW

1 - 17 of 17 Posts