Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really hurting, my best little friend Ziggy passed away this Monday. It's been four days and I'm still feeling very sadden by his passing. He was always there for me and the family. He really filled our home with his presents and now our home feels empty without him.

I really miss him so very much, that it hurts deep down into my very core. I wept for the last three days uncontrollably. Today is the first day that I'm starting to feel like myself again. I still feel a bit numb and my appetite is starting to improve.

I never would have thought that I would take the passing of my little fella so hard. I miss talking to him and hearing his sweet little meow. I'm heart broken and my dearest most heart fill love goes out to my Ziggy and to all those that have lost a furry family member.

Attachments

Reactions: Christine

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
This sad news has me choked up as well, so sorry about the loss of your little (???) friend. :sad:

I guess maybe he's little under all that floofiness?

From stardust he came, and to stardust he shall return. RIP.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so very much for replying to my post Christine, I really appreciate your thoughtful words. I'm still look for him in all the usual places where he'd be at certain times of the day. Right now he'd be sun bathing at one of the windows in our home. He'd take turns sleeping with my wife and I, and then with my 17 year old and then with my 12 year old.

He really loved my 12 year old Daisy Lynn so very much. She was the only one that could hold him for long periods of time. If you know anything about Maine *****, they don't like being held for too long. My wife, Deanna Rae, Daisy Lynn and I really do miss him dearly. He was my very best fluffy friend. :(

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Maine ***** are full of purrsonality, but mellow. They also like water, did Ziggy like playing with water from the faucet?

Our mutt cat doesn't like being held, because she's semi-feral. I found her maybe two weeks after the "cutoff" date for getting her acclimated to human company, so she's a bit on the ornery side.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes! Ziggy loved to play with and in water. He'd wait for my wife or I to finish taking a shower and then He'd dart in and wash himself down with the water that was left in the shower. He also liked taking baths, when it was time for a bath, he'd come and let put him in the tub for his bath. Ziggy was the the most mellow kitty I've ever had the opportunity to share a life with.

His meows were little, but he purred like a lion. When it was bed time, he'd craw over and lay on top on my chest till I would start to fall asleep, then he'd craw to his spot at the end of the bed on his blankey. I'd feel his purring throughout my entire body. Thank you for reminding me of the good times, it's really helps me at this time of grief.

·
User is infamous around
2,738 Posts
Sorry you lost your friend. The pain is proof of love.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Junior for your kind works, yes, pain is proof of how much I love Ziggy and how much he'll be missed by my family and I.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,285 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss.

A special cat does fill the house, and Ziggy did that for your family. Clearly he had a special connection to you, and you to him. He had a wonderful and rich life with you, and your life is better for having had him in it. Keep that in mind as you feel what you feel today, and tomorrow, and the future. The pain fades, the love remains.

Keep sharing your stories. From experience, I can say it helps.

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Sorry to read about the loss of your Ziggy.

We lost our oldest cat pretty recently, and I'm still half expecting her to trot around the corner to join the line up for breakfast.

They are small creatures, but take up big space in our hearts.

(I was thinking that you had posted before about Ziggy--and I read the thread on Maine ***** with interest--and sure enough it shows on the 'previous threads' link below.)

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
Our cat does the shower thing too! But she hates baths with a passion.

The presence of a contented cat certifies that a house is a home.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I came back from my ride this morning, rode up the driveway to the back of the house expecting to see my outdoor fellow- Louie. Who died last May. All sorts of situations will trigger memories, no telling when you will get blindsided and all the moments will come back.

I don't think we ever get over the loss of a pet, there's a special love and bond that keeps them in a special place in our hearts. My 2 girls, Zoey and Cookie are looking at me funny right now, why is dad crying ?.

So very sorry for your loss..

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you Mr QQQ, your right about sharing the good times with folks. What better place then RBR to express them with folks that have had similar experiences. He was such a good boy, not a mean bone in his body. He had a big heart and enough love to spread around to everyone in the household.

The lost is still very fresh and I'm still struggling with waves of grief. But, your right, the more I share our good times together with good folks, the pain lessens and the love I feel for Ziggy grows evermore.

Hence, The pain fades, the love remains.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thank you Paredown, I feel your lost as I struggle with my own lost of the best little furry guy a person can have. Your are so right, Ziggy was a 24 lb Maine **** and he made his presents felt throughout our home and the love in my heart grows as the pain diminishes.

Yes I did start a thread a while back about Maine *****. I was going to pull it up, but I felt it might make my melancholy mood worst. Maybe when the wound isn't so fresh I'll pull it up and read it.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, that is a good way to put it "The presence of a contented cat certifies that a house is a home" Dang I really miss the little guy. :(

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gearloose, did you ever decide to get another Maine ****? I've been really thinking hard that when the pain subsides, I might adopt a Maine **** kitten.

Though my wife and two daughter feel I should adopt a dog instead. I really feel Maine ***** are some kind of special, I've had cats in the pass, but I've never bonded with any of them the way I did with Ziggy. I'd like to feel that again, don't know if I can feel that with a dog though.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know just how you feel Steve B, I keep expecting to see Ziggy in all his usual places throughout the day and evening. Right now he'd be waiting around the family room near the door that leads to the garage waiting to greet mamma when she come home.

My girls Deanna Rea and Daisy Lynn have been very supportive, but I've gone from crying to weeping now and again. Your right, about being blindsided. It feels like he right there doing his thing, then like a mist, it evaporates and I'm left with the feeling of the lost. I really really miss my Ziggy Boy. I feel so drained and weary eyed from his absents in my life.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Oh Elfstone, I am so sorry for your loss and feel your pain. Some pets have such special connections to us and get so deep into our hearts that it is so painful when they are gone. I had a cat who I swear I was soul mates with and the pain of his death was like loosing a child.

If you do decide to get another pet (and I think you should when you and your family are ready), then take your time and choose a pet that fits into your personality and life, whether it be another Maine **** or dog. The antics of another pet will not replace the love you have for Ziggy, but it will bring smiles to your face and warmth to your heart. I always feel saddened for families that choose not to include a special furry pet into their lives.

Ziggy was so very lucky to have you.

·
Folsom City Blues...
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Gaditude for your kind word Love4himies, your words touch me deeply. For I've never felt the deep lose I feel for Ziggy for another pet. He was and will always be my soulmate, I can't believe how much I miss him and how empty our home feels each morning. It's the hardest part of the day to get through, not being greeted by Him. Ziggy would greet each of us in his own special way.

In time as my wounds heal, I would like very much to adopt a furry family member to our household. A Maine **** feels like what l would love to have in my life again, but we'll just have to wait a see what life will bring our way.

Ziggy was lucky to have had the love of my wife, daughters, Deanna and Daisy as well as mine, but I feel we were even more lucky for Ziggy to chose us as his family.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
but I feel we were even more lucky for Ziggy to chose us as his family.
Those words show the absolute unconditional love you had for Ziggy. They bring tears to my eyes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts