Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After almost a month I finally got all my parts from various ebay purchases and online order purchases. Today I booked a time to bring my frame into my LBS to face the HT and ST and install the headset and cut the fork steerer.

Now I am installing all the goodies onto the frame one by one. It's 2am now, I will finish up tomorrow. Here is a pic of my bike so far.

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
though I'm a Campy Fan

nice going with team/era spec. well done (sound of golf clap)
man if I had the $$ I'd have one in every team kit, with spec.

· Registered
518 Posts
Kdub, looking nice so far......what headset did you wind up choosing?

I'm a hubset away from starting my build, but until I find some NOS 28h DA 7400 hubs I'll just have to wait and live vicariously through you.

keep up the good work!

· Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello kjmunc..

I am using the Ritchey WCS Logic headset... I am almost done with the bike. just doing some trial and error with the chain sizing now. I followed a formula in figuring out the right chain length, but it came out way too short.. I just used up both my chain pins that came with the new chain. I need to buy a couple more cuz I realized I need to cut one more inch off the chain. I also have to fiddle with the rear derailleur shifting.. otherwise the bike is ready to go on the road!

· Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did get white cinelli cork bar tape.. that's the last thing I'll put on the bike after I finished with the mechanical stuff..

White bar tape is a definite color to go!

I had wanted to get a silver bar, but it was super difficult to find one that is the clamp diameter or width I wanted, as well as being a round drop.

· Registered
37 Posts
I hope I wasn't to offensive (I'm belgian, so my english isn't perfect...)

for me the seat doesn't look classic enough (for this classic bike) and it has a litespeed logo on it...

some suggestions : selle san marco Regal (ti), Rolls (ti), Concor, selle italia Storika (black), Flite classic, Turbo (Special), Fizik Alliante...

· Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I took my new Eddy for a ride for the first time after I finished building it a couple days ago and boy! does it ride like a dream. It's very fast and smooth. The hefty bb really allows me to power up a hill without flex. Man I love this bike.

I will buy a San Marco Regal seat to replace the Litespeed seat... I think that's a piece of detail that I am finding off with the bike. I looked at my bike after I completed it and there is something that just doesn't look right.. I think it's the seat and also the tires. My next tires shall have yellow sidewalls for that classic look. I will get the Veloflex Pave. Thank you SLedoux for your suggestions!

· Registered
37 Posts
Wooow very nice. with the veloflexes it will be perfect

here's mine, with still some things to be changed.

check the differences in tthe frame : different orientation of the toptube, no forkcrown, different seatpostclamp...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.