Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shots of my Colnago Tecnos. I got the frame from Switzerland after scouring Colnago dealers globally for a NOS MXL or Tecnos.

The t/t is right for me at 55cm, but headtube just a bit short hence stem with a rise, previously I had an ITM Millenium which was horizontal and that was 'ok', but not on long rides on rough roads. Ideally I need something in between.

Anyone got any idea how old the frame might be. I assume the fact that it's not made of Tecnos 2000 Gilco tubes means it's pre 2000???

Hope you like it, it's a nice bike. Must keep an eye out for a 56cm!!!

· Registered
2,655 Posts
I'd place it 1999-2000

It's Tecnos tubeset, not EL-OS, brake cable routing, Art Decor paint scheme and carbon fork (steel steerer), assuming the latter came with the bike. Nice rig. Is that background NZ? I forget, you North or South? Regards and hope you're watching the footie which comes on at an awful hour in this geographic pole.

DannyBoy said:
Here you go. Any idea of age?

· Registered
3,270 Posts
Boneman: I have a Tecnos with the same tubeset and paint scheme, mine seems a little more red but it could just be the photos posted. However, the rear brake is externally routed and it came with a straight bladed steel fork painted to match. Also, it has a threaded headset, so I'm thinking its a little older. Any guess on age?

Dannyboy: I'm sure you like your ride as much as I do mine. Great bike.

· Registered
2,655 Posts
1998 or older

My memory is getting foggy as to when they stopped making the Tecnos with the steel fork. Even foggier when it comes to the rear cable routing. Do you have the routing with the full cable and housing on the top of the top tube?

cdhbrad said:
Boneman: I have a Tecnos with the same tubeset and paint scheme, mine seems a little more red but it could just be the photos posted. However, the rear brake is externally routed and it came with a straight bladed steel fork painted to match. Also, it has a threaded headset, so I'm thinking its a little older. Any guess on age?

Dannyboy: I'm sure you like your ride as much as I do mine. Great bike.

· Registered
3,270 Posts
The routing is on the side of the toptube with cable stops at the front and rear. It uses a short piece of brake housing from the rear stop to the rear brake. Thanks for the reply, age doesn't really matter to me, I was just curious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.