Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yay I finally got my bike! I ordered it last week and they shipped the wrong one with the Ultegra triple crank; I ordered the FSA SLK Compact crank. So I had to wait an extra weekend (which sucks cause I coulda been out ridin!!) and it finally came in Tuesday! Ive been ridin a Specialized Allez for some time now back in the states, but when I came to Germany I thought it would be better to upgrade and get a new ride. Oh yea, you may be wondering why I got a 64 cm frame, well Im 6'6" so that was the largest I could find besides getting a custom frame. Well what do you guys think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice enough looking bike. why the flats though ?

I ride a 63 cm Cannondale. I'd be interested in knowing the actual dimensions of the Cube. Do you know what they are? The only other 'stock' frame that large I know of without going custom or uber expensive is Bianchi.

What I can't figure is why manufacturers build a really large frame (63 cm or an XL mountain bike frame) and then worry about stand over height. For example, cannondale has sloped the TopTubes on the 06 model Six13's for increased standover height. I'm only 6'4 and I have more than 2 inches clearance already on my 63 cm CAAD 8. I certainly don't need even more clearance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. If you were referring to the pedals it's because I use the bike as a commuter around Germany and I need to ride around with tennis shoes or ssometimes boots on. I do switch in clipless for the weekend rides however.

I found this diagram on the Cube's website.
View attachment 47815
I know its in Deutch, but the diagram is easy to comprehend.

I was thinking about getting a CAAD8, what is your opinion as a tall rider of the their frames? I have only ridden a CAAD5, do you know if theres any difference in the ride between these two? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was riding a Paramount (Steel) with carbon fork prior to the CAAD8.

The CAAD8 is a great ride. just as smooth and comfy of a ride as the paramount but with out all the flex and loss of power. Whether this is because Cannondale has mastered the art of Aluminum tube shaping, the large size , or a mix I don't know but it definitely works for me.

While the CAAD8 was on order, I had a chance to ride an ancient Cannondale. CAAD 3 ? maybe even earlier. It had downtube shifters. Now THAT was a buckboard. rattle the teeth it would

I have since ridden the 05' six/13. I passed on it for a couple reasons (one of which was cost). However, the ride is even better than the CAAD8 and just as stiff in the bottom bracket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts