Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newest Serotta debuts

Whatdja think? Will I be laughed at by the local roadies?

:D

From Luxist.com

"Your Memorial Day weekend may include a bicycle but likely it's nothing like this. The new Fendi Abici Amante Donna bicycle is designed for luxury cruising. There are two versions, a $5,900 iteration with Fendi's Selleria leather accessories and a detachable Fendi case and the deluxe bicycle for $9,500 that also has removable fur saddlebags. WWD reports that at a celebration event at Fendi's Fifth Avenue flagship four bikes, two of each style were sold. I love a good classic bike but this one just goes too far for me if only for the impracticality of the fur saddlebags. It seems to be a bike you could never leave unattended unless you wanted to take the accountrements with you."

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Still people out there with more money than brains

Actually I love the bike... but the idea that there are people out there who'd swipe the ATM card for $9500 to own one is sort of depressing.
I'm thinking of setting up my Atlantis like that, though.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I can't find any information on the components. If money is not going towards high grade components, where is it going? Image.
My guess is the target audience for this bike is people like this, who will spend more time walking beside it than sitting on it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Jesse D Smith said:
I can't find any information on the components. If money is not going towards high grade components, where is it going? Image.
My guess is the target audience for this bike is people like this, who will spend more time walking beside it than sitting on it.
A little hard to ride in those shoes. It looks like the Amsterdam "worker" is doing rather well. She must have just picked it up from the shop.

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Jesse D Smith said:
Hey she's talking on a cell phone, walking is the smart thing to do. Looking at her body it appears she does a lot of walking or maybe she just doesn't like American food. Either way better than jumping in the car.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Cory said:
Actually I love the bike... but the idea that there are people out there who'd swipe the ATM card for $9500 to own one is sort of depressing.
I'm thinking of setting up my Atlantis like that, though.
$9500? Damn.

Makes you wonder what's in that treasure chest looking thing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
BluRooster said:
A little hard to ride in those shoes. It looks like the Amsterdam "worker" is doing rather well. She must have just picked it up from the shop.
I think it's the skirt that would make it hard to ride.. I've seen plenty of girls riding with heels. One told me it doesn't make much difference - which makes sense - it's only the ball of their feet on the pedals, the rest is just in the air.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
BluRooster said:
In Paris I see women riding in shoes like that all the time. In Italy as well. Sometimes also in London but not as much. I do love that in London girls ride in micro miniskirts :D all the time.

·
Registered
225 Posts
lancezneighbor said:
In Paris I see women riding in shoes like that all the time. In Italy as well. Sometimes also in London but not as much. I do love that in London girls ride in micro miniskirts :D all the time.
Gotta love fashion! and Paris and Italy and even London in the Spring. The parks are great on a warm day!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
That's a lot of cash for an 'opoefiets'. :eek:

·
Roadie with unshaven legs
2,027 Posts
lancezneighbor said:
"Honey, we're moving to London!" :D

That Serotta has too much baggage for my taste.

·
OUTLAW BIKER
463 Posts
Pee Wee's big adventure part 2.... did you steal his bike.... again...
Its got personallity!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.