Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My. New. Bike. zip. zap.>>>now with gratuitous pixxors!!<<<

A few quick, crappie shots in the garage. I'll get some daylight pixxors tamale.

omg. I rode it briefly today.:D i luff it so. I can't wait to put some real miles on it.:cool:

I must say, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty (to me). For a bargain basement build or not, I am proud of it.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
OMFG!!!! That's effin SIIICCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

Dude!!

Are those white brake pad holders standard on Rival? Man, that's really, really nice.

You got the new Rival shifters right?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
A little too many decals overall (with the wheels and such) but I still like it.

I noticed you stuffed the ends of the bar tape into the handlebar ends.

//How much?

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uzziefly said:
OMFG!!!! That's effin SIIICCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!

Dude!!

Are those white brake pad holders standard on Rival? Man, that's really, really nice.

You got the new Rival shifters right?
Those are Jagwire Sleek Pro Lite brake pad shoes...http://www.jagwireusa.com/index.php/products/road/451 The cables are Jagwire, too. I thought the white brake shoes might be a little over the top but they peek out more than pop out at you.

I did get the new Rivals shifters. The double tap system is pretty cool, considering all I have ever ridden is Shimano and Sachs.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
I might steal that.

Caliente!

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uzziefly said:
A little too many decals overall (with the wheels and such) but I still like it.

I noticed you stuffed the ends of the bar tape into the handlebar ends.

//How much?
i am ok with the decals, for the most part. It really hard to avoid them in today's biking world; it seems. I am srsly crazy about how good the build looks (in my eyes, again)!!!!

I waffled back and forth about red or white tape. Glad I went with white, I used BBB Carbon Race Ribbon http://www.bikesomewhere.com/bikesomewhere.cfm/product/385/3643/15273 but i bought mine on bonktown for like $6.

I always stuff the bar tape into the ends. As a matter of choice, I leave a little extra hanging loose at the beginning to make it easier.:)

how much was the bike? I can figure it up later. I have been collecting pieces here and there for a while

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is that something you built yourself, or did you pick this up from Competitive Cyclist? They've got the streetfire with SRAM Rival for $1499 right now which seems like a hell of a deal - I love the look of the frame and I wouldn't hesitate to ride one of these.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chavez said:
Is that something you built yourself, or did you pick this up from Competitive Cyclist? They've got the streetfire with SRAM Rival for $1499 right now which seems like a hell of a deal - I love the look of the frame and I wouldn't hesitate to ride one of these.
I built it up.

The deal at CC is bad @ss! I wish i had the dough to buy another. :eek:

I don't recall what site has it, but a womens streetfire frame can be had for like $400.

I was sick with myself today....I wanted to pull the trigger on this one: brand new and it went for dirt cheap...http://cgi.ebay.com/BMC-STREETFIRE-...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thinkcooper said:
I'm a big fan of great performing affordable bikes. Good on ya!
I am a great fan of being able to afford any bike!:p

Thanks, Coop...wish i could be at the shindig:(

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
JohnHenry said:
like you'll ever leave the bosom of europe.
I can't quit the sweet nectar of its teet! :cryin:

·
Registered
296 Posts
A black and red bike is always cool.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I officially classify you as a bastid for making me envious. That is all.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
wankski said:
isn't that normal? working as a wrench that was standard MO.... what else are you s'posed to do?
Not really. The seat post, wheels and bike combine to have a LOT of decals.

The bike on it's own looks pretty normal, decal wise that is.

//By the way, that is one looonngg assed head tube!!

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
That bike is nice! It would look even better with Am Classic wheels! just kidding, I'm just kidding. :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts