Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
aka Zoo
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished building my new race bike, it's a '04 Specialized S-Works E5 that I bought new with full Campy Centaur (Century Grey) components, Easton Vista SL wheels, Tufo C S33 Special tires, and FSA SL-K MegaEXO crankset. Rides really nice so far, a tad more aggressive geometry than my Orbea that I currently have but I should get used to it shortly. BTW, this is the first time to use Campy and so far I LOVE them! Nice accurate shifting and I love the trimming on the front derailleur. I've also decided to try the Speedplay Zeros which so far I like much better than the Time Impacts that I have on my Orbea.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice Build

I have a 05 Sworks E5. The bike is so nimble and quick to accelerate due to the stiff BB area. I built mine up as a weight weenie bike. Bike with computer, cages and pedals come in at 14.4 lbs. What is the weight of your build? Enjoy the ride the E5's are rockets.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got a E5 about month and I love that bike. It is a nice hill climber and sprinter... Enjoy your bike..

·
aka Zoo
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maui mike said:
I have a 05 Sworks E5. The bike is so nimble and quick to accelerate due to the stiff BB area. I built mine up as a weight weenie bike. Bike with computer, cages and pedals come in at 14.4 lbs. What is the weight of your build? Enjoy the ride the E5's are rockets.
It's definitely a more aggressive ride, I like it. It's a little wierd on the hills, perhaps because it's so stiff, might take a little getting used to. I don't know what it weighs in at, need to get a digital scale, but it's definintely a pound or two lighter than my Orbea is and that's already pretty light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts