Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new bike 2 weeks ago, rides very good (only rode a couple of times)..
Full carbon Fiber frame, with white carbon rear triangle (how do you guys like the white carbon..? I think it's very beautifull :D )..

View attachment 47955

View attachment 47956

View attachment 47957

View attachment 47958

I also placed it under gallery, but hoped to get some more reactions of how you all think of it here..

BTW does anyone knows how I can remove the Ultegra from the cranck, brakes, derailleurs and maybe shifters.??

Tnx for any comments
Deoxy
 

·
SoCal--S Beach to the Dam
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
Deoxy said:
I got my new bike 2 weeks ago, rides very good (only rode a couple of times)..
Full carbon Fiber frame, with white carbon rear triangle (how do you guys like the white carbon..? I think it's very beautifull :D )..

View attachment 47955

View attachment 47956

View attachment 47957

View attachment 47958

I also placed it under gallery, but hoped to get some more reactions of how you all think of it here..

BTW does anyone knows how I can remove the Ultegra from the cranck, brakes, derailleurs and maybe shifters.??

Tnx for any comments
Deoxy
You want to debadge it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For as far as possible.. I like it more without the ultegra on it.. I have seen it before, but dunno how to do it..

BTW I weighed it, it's pretty heavy (probably cause of the wheels, the're about 3kgs with cassette etc.) it weighes 8.5 kg..:(

Deoxy
 

·
Darling of The Lounge
Joined
·
4,743 Posts
Nice bike, loose the wheels

I would swap those current wheels with a nice set of CF Reynolds or Zipps. Those Shamals are relics of the 90's, and are good for bench pressing nowdays. (all this coming from a guy still riding Mavic Heliums).
 

·
eminence grease
Joined
·
18,538 Posts
I like it. I especially like the contrast with the white carbon which looks the exact opposite of every other bike with black carbon stays. Nice touch.

Easiest way to get Ultegra off the parts? Switch to Dura Ace! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
I like it too. Beefy tubing and white seatstay and chainstays. I didn't realize they made white carbon fiber. I googled it and saw a Bianchi and Fondriest also with white CF. Looks nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for nice comments.

Those wheels ride great, great handling and pretty stiff.. The only thing about it is indeed they're heavy.. Since it's pretty flat here in Holland (and most parts of Belgium where I race) it doesn't matter so very much, maybe in future I'll buy a couple of DT 1450's or so.. (I'm just a student, trying to race, so I havent got very much money..:D)..

Deoxy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,302 Posts
Retro Grouch said:
I would swap those current wheels with a nice set of CF Reynolds or Zipps. Those Shamals are relics of the 90's, and are good for bench pressing nowdays. (all this coming from a guy still riding Mavic Heliums).
Heliums and your user name is Retro Grouch?

wheres the MA-40 love?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,767 Posts
Keep the Shamals! They're great wheels, and their extra mass won't hurt you in the least. From what I remember they're pretty damned good aerodynamically.
 

·
Resident Dutchbag
Joined
·
11,864 Posts
Deoxy said:
Thanks for nice comments.

Those wheels ride great, great handling and pretty stiff.. The only thing about it is indeed they're heavy.. Since it's pretty flat here in Holland (and most parts of Belgium where I race) it doesn't matter so very much, maybe in future I'll buy a couple of DT 1450's or so.. (I'm just a student, trying to race, so I havent got very much money..:D)..

Deoxy
Are you from Zeeland? I googled for Steffini and all I got were some 2nd hands in Zeeland and thereabouts. Is it a handler's private label? I'm thinking of building something a little lighter than what I ride now (9,5 kg :eek: ) and a nice CF frame at a reasonable price won't go amiss. :)
 

·
merckxman
Joined
·
2,116 Posts
Riding Heliums here also

I was shocked to pass a shop and see "anniversary" Heliums (the ES); time is obviously passing too quick.....
Retro Grouch said:
I would swap those current wheels with a nice set of CF Reynolds or Zipps. Those Shamals are relics of the 90's, and are good for bench pressing nowdays. (all this coming from a guy still riding Mavic Heliums).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're right, I'm from Zeeland.. Steffini is from a LBS in Yerseke (beebikes).. I got this frame pretty cheap, since it's a no-name frame...
It rides great, I've been searching for GX2 carbon (there's a sticker on the down tube that says GX2 carbon) and found out it's Easton tubing (so it can't be wrong)...

Deoxy
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top