Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I posted this in the General Forum, but I guess it's more applicable here. I just built up a cross-check into a commuter. So far I love the ride, and it seems really tough and utilitarian.

Surprisingly, it didn't really make my commute much faster, but it sure was a lot more enjoyable...although I'm pretty sure everything is more enjoyable on a new bike.

I was going to do a ride report, but it was raining, so I didn't want to take my camera out of my pocket. I'll try to get around to it next week.

Anyway...on to the pics:

· "It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
dez182 said:
Hey all! I posted this in the General Forum, but I guess it's more applicable here. I just built up a cross-check into a commuter. So far I love the ride, and it seems really tough and utilitarian.

Surprisingly, it didn't really make my commute much faster, but it sure was a lot more enjoyable...although I'm pretty sure everything is more enjoyable on a new bike.

I was going to do a ride report, but it was raining, so I didn't want to take my camera out of my pocket. I'll try to get around to it next week.

Anyway...on to the pics:
Very nice! I know that many people are rotating their bars "up" these days, but you've gone further than anyone else I've seen.

Enjoy it!

- FBB

· remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
the_dude said:
are those planet bike fenders? i normally don't get fender envy, but hot-damn! yellow sure beats black. nice looking bike.

the_dude
That looks great! Glad you are enjoying it, congrats. I too am feeling a some fender lust, that yellow would might look great on my ss/fixie, where did you get them?

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the_dude said:
are those planet bike fenders? i normally don't get fender envy, but hot-damn! yellow sure beats black. nice looking bike.

the_dude
Yep, they're Planet Bike Freddy 'Hardcore' fenders. I found them at the local Scheel's (midwest sporting goods store). As soon as I saw them, I knew they must be mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.