Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
This took some gathering and saving but its dont and I really like the way it fits and the way it rides.

These are really nice riding framesets.

My Build.
54CM Soma Stanyan frameset. Chased, faced, reamed and framesavered.
King headset
Ultegra 6700 shifters and crankset
Dura Ace 7900 derailleurs.
Tektro Brakes with Kool Stops
Thomson Stem and seatpost.
Brooks Team Pro saddle.
Jagwire carbon cables.
Ritchey WCS bars with Fizik Performance tape.
Fulcrum 5 wheelset with Vittoria Open Paves and Woodman Ti Skewers.

It was fun to put together and will be fun to ride.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
Very Nice, but a real commuter needs fenders and chain guards IMHO

·
Registered
7,345 Posts

·
Not a rocket surgeon.
9,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the coments. I changed the tires out for some Challenge Roubaix in 27's. Now that I have that sorted some fenders are on the list. Here in the midwest we get alot of afternoon rains and my 20 mile each way commute I can get wet. I have been looking at the hammered from VO. I am just not sure on size. I am stuck between 35 and 45mm.

Any thoughts?

·
9,790 Posts
Thanks for all the coments. I changed the tires out for some Challenge Roubaix in 27's. Now that I have that sorted some fenders are on the list. Here in the midwest we get alot of afternoon rains and my 20 mile each way commute I can get wet. I have been looking at the hammered from VO. I am just not sure on size. I am stuck between 35 and 45mm.

Any thoughts?
I have those in stock, usually - the tires AND the fenders.

Definitely go with the 35s.

I've mentioned before that my shop rocks, haven't I?
(P.S. I can usually beat VO prices on VO products...)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Good point, Froze.

OTOH, she looks so pretty, I think I'd prefer her naked! :D
Part of the excitement of a beautiful woman is one who knows she's got it going on but only teases by reviewing bits and pieces, thus leaving much for fantasy and surprise because it's much more fun to take her clothes off.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Part of the excitement of a beautiful woman is one who knows she's got it going on but only teases by reviewing bits and pieces, thus leaving much for fantasy and surprise because it's much more fun to take her clothes off.
OMG!...Please!

Don't lower the level of this discussion by bringing women into the conversation.

Afterall, we're addressing the wondrous beauty of bicycles here! :D

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
OMG!...Please!

Don't lower the level of this discussion by bringing women into the conversation.

Afterall, we're addressing the wondrous beauty of bicycles here! :D
Don't we call all of our bikes "she"? And are not our bikes beautiful? That's all I was referring too...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Don't we call all of our bikes "she"? And are not our bikes beautiful? That's all I was referring too...
I was just kidding, Froze...

I was the one who stupidly introduced gender into the thread...I apologize to both you and the OP for that one. My mistake, I was just trying to have a little fun is all. :eek:

Reactions: tihsepa

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I was just kidding, Froze.

I was the one who stupidly introduced gender into the thread and I must apologize to both you and the OP for that mistake.

Sorry 'bout that

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.